Trailer Brake Actuator

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Cody

Reaction score
The solenoid on my trailer to lock out the brakes when backing has stopped working. I verified that it was getting power. I have attempted to get the actuator out of the trailer tongue in order to replace the solenoid, but the two pins that hold it in place have rusted solid. I have tried using PB Blaster in an attempt to loosen them so I could drive them out, but with no success.

Has abyone else ran into this type of problem? Any suggestions?:(

Thanks,

RoyC

The only way is to use a drift and a big hammer. If you take the swing away apart so you can move the tounge to a workbench you will find it easier to deal with.

I had the same thing happen to me not that long ago and it turned out to be a bad ground wire. You might want to check that first.

I had the same problem - the trailer place I go to just disconnected the internal solenoid in tongue (cut wiring off) and installed an external solenoid near front on brake fluid line and re wired accordingly - you might want to look into this as an alternative. Just a thought - so far no problems

Thanks for the replies! I'll check the ground.

Gil, Could you post a photo of how that looks? That may be easier than trying to get the pins out?

Worst case, I guess I'll have to remove the tongue. If I can't get it out myself, I'll take it somewhere that has a hydrolic press?

RoyC

Roy - I will take a photo of the external solenoide location on Wednesday and send to you then - Gil

Latest posts

Back