Trailer Bearings /Ez Lube / Bearing Buddy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Allen

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Nitro and trailer, I just bought. Getting ready for a fishing trip about 5 hours away. Don't know when the bearing were re-packed or inspected. It has "Ez Lube" hubs right now. Should I inspect and repack? How often should this be done? What about "Bearing Buddy" instead of the "Ez-Lube"?

Thanks

Rick

IMHO the EZ lube system is better. When you pump grease into the zerk fitting at the end, it pushes the old grease thru and out the front. I'd pump her full until you start seeing "new" grease coming out the end. I re-lube about twice a year but, I put quite a few miles on mine from state to state.

If you've never had the wheels off since you bought it, I would pull them off and at least inspect the bearings for scratches and pits. Replace the bearings and seals if needed.

I've had both types (Buddies and EZ Lube) and much prefer EZ Lube. I tow quite a bit with my trailer too and only lube once a year. My rims never get hot (or warm for that matter) and I could probably go longer without adding more grease but my gut tells me to do it every spring.

Like TEE wrote, just pump until you see new grease coming out the front and you're done.

Ron

Latest posts

Back