TRAIL STAR TRAILERS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
Are the painted trailers that come with Bass Tracker boats true galvanized trailers? Advertised as Galva Shield. If so, why can you upgrade to an unpainted galvanized trailer?

No they are not galvanized.. In our area Kenny you need galv. The painted trailers are coated , not hot dipped galv. Spend the extra dollars, you won't be disappointed.

Bubby:)

Gilbert: You sure about that? According to the Trailstar website, the trailers are made with "G-90 galvanized steel cold-formed for extra strength" then zinc coated, then conversion coated, then clear top coated and powder coated with color. Seems that its simply painted galvanized steel.

Jim, there are several different types of galv. Hot galv is the best. You cannot paint hot galv until it is cured or pickled. I just cannot see any trailer company hot galv a trailer, then curing it, then priming it, then painting it. Another thing, ever try welding on galv material?? Maybe for the high dollar boats, but I believe not for the low end boats. I believe alum would be cheaper.

Bubby:)

Back