Tracker ProTeam 185 Jet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian howard

Reaction score
I've been looking at the PT185 Jet for a few years now and just found this website tonight. I was wondering if anyone out there owns one of these or if someone is acquainted with it. I live on a river in Illinois and a jet is the only way to successfully navigate throughout the year, especially during summer at low water times, because the depth varies so dramatically. I know a guy that has a '92 model. My buddy loves his and says I wouldn't regret buying one. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any pros or cons on the boat, motor, etc. I'm open for all types of critiquing. One thing that has attracted me to this boat is the ammenities of storage, livewell, etc. It seems that you get alot of boat for the money and of course, the jet motor is the drive system I'm looking for. Didn't know though if the "inboard" jet is the way to go, or if it makes more sense to put an outboard jet on the boat. The 175HP inboard seems like it is plenty of motor for the boat, even taking into consideration the loss of HP with the jet. Is this hull design compatible with a jet motor, whether inboard or outboard??? I'm fairly new to this considering I'm upgrading from a 14ft. jon with an 8HP. But I've also spent alot of time on my brothers 17ft. Ranger, so I'm not terribly green. I just have some of those pre-buying hesitatioins and questions. Any comments, advice or testimonials would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cool boat for what you're wanting to do, the V6 jet sinks the back of the boat a little lower than I like, but it'll really blast off.

It's a toss up between that boat and the alumacraft river runner with a outboard jet, both have their high points.

Brian -

I've wade-fished the upper stretches Meramac River over in Missouri for many years. While I don't personally have any experience with this boat, I can tell you that I've seen many of them in VERY shallow areas. They have an excellent reputation from those I've talked to.

Call The Fishin' Hole over in St. Louis. They're on Watson Road just east of Crestwood Plaza. (Near I-44 and Elm.) They'll be able to give you all the information you could ever need! They have recently become a Tracker Marine Boat Center. 888-219-6725.

me!

A link to their website:
http://www.fishinhole.com/

One drawback you may want to keep in mind..well actually two:)

The water pick-up is on the bottom and heard they can be a problem sometimes in shallow water and picking up debris in the intake.

The other is the jets will go good but, have little and sometimes no control at idle and manuevering.

That's what I heard so ........

Boy, I sure liked The Fishin' Hole's other website better than the new one. Even though the visuals weren't that great, it had more personality than the one ME posted. Tracker must be offering dealerships a template website, but it sure leaves much to be desired. I liked the photos of the store, the used boats section, the 'special deals' and the...well, personality of the old site better.

I don't learn anything about The Fishin' Hole on this website other than their address, phone number and hours of operation. I hope this isn't a trend.

Brain and Randy - First Welcome to the worlds BEST fishing and boating site - bar NONE!!!

I can't speak for the Jet drive, but 5 years ago I went from a 14ft Jonboat with a 5hp Mariner to a brandspankingnew Pro Crappie 175 with a 40 Merc OB. MAN 30mph seems like a ROCKET compared to my old 5 hp!!!

Had the boat for 5 years, not problems and runs like a dream!

The ride is incredibly smooth on the new hull (compared to pre-Revolution hulls). I ran one hard on Lake Norman and was very impressed. If I were being picky - The only improvement I can see that would be nice is a little more insulation in the motor cover...it's a little noisy.

Latest posts

Back