tracker boat help.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris jeroue

Reaction score
Last November 2004 I took my tracker pro deep V 16 in for hull repair. I had some rivets that had come loose or were missing. The repair facility had my boat for 5-6 weeks and when I got it back everything here in Michigan was iced over and I had no place to put the boat in the water to check and see if it still leaked. I was finally able to get the boat in the water this past April 2005. It still leaked. I called the Tracker authorized repair facility and Tracker Marine here in Michigan to let them know the boat still leaked. The repair facility said to use it and then bring it down to them at my convience. This is a two and a half hour drive one way for me hauling a boat. I took the boat down to Tracker Marine in Pontiac in the spring so they could take pics. of the hull. Again I called the repair facility in June. Tracker Marine had me bring the boat down to them again (2.5 hour drive again) becasue they lost the photo disc of the first pics. I ended up running 2 bilge pumps (300 gph and a 500 ghp) every hour and a half to keep the water out of the boat. Finally I felt the boat was unsafe when I was on the water for 2 hour or just a little over 2 hours and the water would be coming up in my floor drain. I took the boat to the repair facility as they said they would take care of the problems that was fixed last year. There were some more rivets that were loose and when I contacted Tracker in Pontiac they put me in touch with Tracker in Springfield Missouri. Tracker in Missouri said they would not do anything about the boat because the hull was out of warranty. I told them I let Tracker here in Mich. know about the problem in April and also explained that we cannot put our boats on the water 12 months out of the year. Well I have gotten no where with Tracker either here in Mich or in MO. I'm on social security disability and cannot afford to pay to have the hull repaired. I'm looking for someone who could help me so my wife and I can get back to fishing. This is the second year that we have missed the fall walleye and perch run. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

arthritic minnow.

Sounds like to big of a leak for rivets. Try filling the hull with water while its on the trailer and see where the water leaks out? It could just be a fitting or loose clamp for the livewell system.

Again, it's the best way to find out where the leak is..

BF

The repair facility has done the water testing as you suggested. That is the first thing I did was put a garden hose in the access hole and fill the boat up while it was on level ground. I marked each leak with a "W" using a sharpie marker. Also Tracker Marine in Pontiac had me un-hook the boat and trailer from my vehicle then used a fork truck to lift the trailer with the boat on it and took pictures of the rivets that have spider cracks, oversized rivets that have cracks, and where rivets are missing. There was also a suggestion from them that the rivets that secure the ribs have all been oversized and welded and they think that maybe my stringer on the inside of the hull is working loose. Some of the rivets that were taken care of last Nov-Dec. have been hammered together and you can see where the flat edge of the rivet is seperating from the boat or they are just plain loose.

minnow

First, welcome to our board. You will get some helpful suggestions and some moral support from the folks here.

Make sure the circular bilge inspection plate just above the transom is tight and not leaking. My 04 tracker 18 sank twice at the dock due to a leaking panel. See my earlier post.. MY BOAT WON"T FLOAT. My boat has a 20 in transom, meaning the water line is always close to the two small access holes near the top of the transom. If water lays therre, and the circular panel is leaking, alot,( and I mean A LOT) of water can come into your boat. Another gentleman, Rick, had a similiar problem. Something else to consider, you can have more than one problem. Good luck

Ray

I am glad to see Mr. Long step forward on this issue.

Make sure you can and do keep us posted on the eventual outcome....

I would like to thank Rich at Tracker Marine in Pontiac,MI. and Nathan Long for taking further action and helping me with my boat issue. I don't know the total out come but it sounds very positive.:)

minnow.

As of today all I know is that the boat is at the Tracker Marine dealer here in Mich. Wish I had more to report.

minnow.

last I knew my boat was at the Tracker Marine dealer in Pontiac/Auburn Hills Michigan. I will make a call and see what is happening with it tomorrow.

arthritic minnow.

Only way it could be better Tox is if Neeley was still running the place!!

I talked to Rich at Tracker Marine in Pontiac this morning and my boat left yesterday for Tracker Marine Headquarters in Springfield, Missouri. They are going to evulate my boat and make some kind of decision as to what the next step will be. I will keep post coming as I get information.

minnow.

I talked to Dennis in customer service yesterday (nov.15, 2005) and they did get my boat in down there at Tracker Marine in Springfield, Missouri. He stated that the boat got there on the 7th of this month and it is going through the factory. I inquired if he knew how long this process of getting through the factory would take and he replied approximetly 6-8 weeks and that I should have my boat back around the first of the year. Since we are getting snow flurries here today (nov. 16th 2005) I guess I'll just have to be patient and maybe hope that my boat will get done sooner.

I'm sorry for not posting in a while and I will try to keep everyone more up to date as progress is being made.

arthritic minnow.

I talked to Dennis again today (Nov. 28th, 2005) and I found out that they are about 3-4 weeks behind on getting boats into the factory due to the Holidays. He said my boat would probably get into the factory just before the end of the year. I have a new contact person now that the boat is at the factory so I hope to get this expidiated soon. I have yet to talk with this person but have left a message for them to contact me. That is the latest update on my boat situtation.

arthritic minnow.

Well I hope to hear something soon about my boat. I talked to Jeff Gardner in customer service and he said he had talked to Linda Pruitt, my new contact person, and that my boat should be going into the factory sometime this week, (january, 2006). I hope to hear from Linda soon as to the status of my boat. I have sent two e-mails and left four phone messages and have not heard anything back as of today.

Linda if you read this post call me on my cell (989)859-5598 or home (989) 832-3942 and let me know the status of my boat.

Chris Jeroue/ arthritic minnow.

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll have it back in no time once they get on it. I just took my Tundra in last week and was told if it went to the factory for the hull work, I would have it back for the spring. If they decide to recap a new hull, you're only talking a few days to do the work.

Uh-oh? Do we have a boat near ready??!! Hope so. I'm taking a beating from the Ranger owners on WC that think, as one poster said "it should be done in 6-8 days". I'd like to Ranger even pull that one off.

He needs to get on over here and sing Tracker's theme song since it was this site that got him hooked up. I am glad but not surprized it was resolved!! Way to go TM (thanks to Nathan also!!)!!

TOXIC

I'm sure he's out cracking the champaign finally. LOL

Now Tracker needs to get reviewing those pics of my hull so I might have my boat back for spring! Please???:blink:

Greast finish to a "wobbly" story.... I am very pleased and want to thank Tracker for stepping up and doing the right thing.

I think everyone should know that a Walleye Pro on Tracker's Pro Staff, Jim Carroll, did a little work in the background coordinating a few things and supporting AR and Tracker in getting this resolved. Jim Carroll is one very good "standup" kind of guy. He has always been there for other boat owners and fishermen in general. If anybody is interested he and other guys run a walleye school... I can pass on info... just email me.

Looks like I'm getting a new 2006 Targa 165 sc. also getting a new trailer since this boat won't fit on my old one. They are going to take some things off my boat and put them on the new one. They are definatly going to put my 2005 Mercury 75 hp on this boat since it will fit. I have a nine page (legal jargon) form to fill out and send back to them before they will even consider starting to build my new boat. After taking 10 steps backwards it's nice to be able to start moving forward. I will get and attorney (if I can afford one) to go over this form with me before I sign it and send it back.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAD A HAND IN HELPING ME GET THIS RESOLVED. I KNOW THERE IS A BUNCH OF YOU OUT THERE. I just hope that I get the boat before walleye season so I have time to rig it up and don't have to do a rush job like I had to do on my last one.

Thanks again to everyone,

Arthritic minnow

I got all the paper work sent down to Tracker in Springfield, MO. so they can now start to build my boat. I went to Bass Pro Shop this past weekend with my wife and we looked at the boat like I am going to be getting. It's nice to know that the layout on the inside is just like my old one so I have a good ideal where I will be mounting my rod holders, radio, GPS, ect. They had to get a mop and bucket out as I was drooling (as my wife says) over the boat.

arthritic minnow.

Chris....

Absolutely great news... Glad you are happy... Thanks to Tracker all is well. Great !

I just got off a conference call with my contact at Tracker and the factory that is building my new boat. My boat should be done by the middle of next week and it should be up here at Auburn Hills the following week. I'm so excited that I could probably thread a sewing maching while it is running....lol. It has been a long time coming. I was told that my old bow mount trolling motor would not fit on the new boat so they are giving me a new one. Now just for the wait to get the boat here in Michigan so I can go have some equiptment put on it and then pick it up. I will post again as soon as the boat gets up here or if there are any snags on getting it up here.

arthritic minnow.

Tracker is sending my personal affects from my boat up to my house and they should be here on Monday. One thing I would like to mention, Make sure your boat policy is efficient for what you have on your boat. My insurance company said that "personal affects" are anything that can be removed from the boat in a short amount of time. They told me if a cordless screwdriver can be used to remove something that the replacement cost should be considered under "personal affects". I had my old boats P.A. covered for $250.00 minus my deductable of $50.00. I realized that I should have had my P.A. coverage for about $1,000.00. That is what I'm putting on the new rig without a doubt.

Check your policy when it comes due to make sure you have enough coverage.....

arthritic minnow.

My boat is here in Michigan at the Tracker dealer in Auburn Hills. I'm now waiting for my credit union to accept this boat, motor, and trailer as collateral towards my loan. I also have to get my insurance squared around before I go and tow this boat home. This has been some time coming and now I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas morning to get my present. I think I will finally be able to get some well deserved rest seeing as how when I found out the boat went into the factory I have been having a very hard time getting some shut eye.

Once again, Thank You to all who helped me get this issue taken care of so I can soon get back on the water.

Chris Jeroue/ arthritic minnow (II).

well the new rig is ready to be picked up and brought home only thing is I had a spare tire, bow arch supports and graphics on the boat and Tracker wants receipts for these that were on the original boat. These items were bought 5 years ago and I have no clue as to where the receipts would be. We have moved from a mobile home park to a house and it you have ever moved you know that finding something like these receipts is next to impossible. I will not tow the boat without a spare tire so it may be a bit before I get it home. I will continue to work with Tracker on getting these issues resolved.

Arthritic minnow.

Got any pictures that show these things... Asking for receipts is a bit of a stretch and they don't total $200... Kinda of nit picky by Tracker at this point...

I got the boat home today since the roads were nice. Tracker is going to give me a spare tire but will not budge on a cover. I'm trying to sell my kicker motor with Troll Master so I can get a cover, bigger mirrors, and a Minn-kota trolling motor that fits on top of the cavation plate. I have fished with a few guys that have these and they are QUIET. As for pictures of the boat, I lost them and wedding pictures when hard drive was cleaned. :(

Arthritic minnow.

Minnow....

Get me the info on the kicker, please.

Were in the home stretch now. Tracker is taking the title work to the Secratary of States office tomorrow and then the new title and plate will be sent directly to my home. When I get that then I will get the boat registered.

minnow.

Latest posts

Back