toxic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony silveira

Reaction score
My rub rail screws backed out about a 1/4 inch! Can't find old posting about this. What do you use to prevent them from coming loose again?

No real fix from keeping them coming out that I have found. If you have some that won't tighten go to a slightly larger diameter screw and they should stay secure.

Steve

If you truly want to fix the problem, you will have to seal them in somehow. Everything I tried just backed them out again. Mini has come as close as anyone I know to "Eliminating" the problem (this is in a Ranger) by upsizing the screws sealing them in and adding more. Things to be careful of....too big of screw will crack the glass, screwing into interior wires, etc..Don't forget when you are done to seal the bottom of the rubrail as well. I had what might have been some rubrail leakage this week out on the Potomac. I'm gonna pull my rail and check it out.

I have come no where near eliminating the problem....

Mine still back out. I have gone from #10 to #12 to #14 size screws in some problem areas.

but then again if you dont fish the big stuff silicone may work. It didnt for me. I was going to try MarineTex but that may be too extreme....

Aha!!! Buy "TIN"... But, you will need rivets...lots and lots of rivets.... Ask Tox... He's seen me at work after braving the "North Sea"!

Latest posts

Back