Towing Tubes with a Z6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMMO59

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Z6 and my son just turned up with Ski tube and wants to be towed around the lake. Apart from it will struggle getting out of the hole, is there any issue towing using the 2 tie down hooks in the transom?

None whatsoever. I used a float to keep the tow line from getting tangled in the prop.

fatrap

I've done it with my 929. You will find that pad speed may be too fast for a tube. I ended up just getting about 1/2 way on pad an just plowed water. Of course my brother in law wanted to give it a try at pad speed. He came off at about 50mph and never requested to do it again:lol::p

I warned my young bloke about the same thing with speed, he's still keen but I think the slowest I'll be able to keep it planing at is around 35 - 40 so he might have a change of heart in a turn!

Tox, 50mph would certainly clean out the orifices when he came off :D

Thommo59 wouldn't tubing be called "trolling for Salties?" in your neck of the woods.

fatrap

PS. That prompts me to ask a question I've asked a friend who lives way South OZ but he didn't cover it very well. In the US You can't watch the National Geographic Channel without seeing one of the many of the multiple of critters living in Australia that can bite, sting, or eat you, snakes rating high on my list of personal fears. TV would lead you to believe your country is more dangerous than Africa to live in. What's your take?

fatrap

Hahahaha,

Probably is to be honest but when you're born into it, you probably think it's normal and the world is just like that. Funny, I was in AZ last year, jumped out of the RV and right beside me was a desert rattler, we took some pics and he just cruised around us, then had a rest in the shade under the RV. Shpwed some freinds in Phoenix and they were horrified we were so close!

As far as killer stuff, yep,some of our spiders will kill you, they do hang out in residential areas a bit, but just don't touch the little buggers. I think we have probably 3 - 4 snakes locally that will kill you, about a dozen more that will make you sick but out of those, only 2 will really go at you unprovoked, the others you have to piss off to get a bite. I don't mind snakes but spiders I'm not a fan of.

Bush, we have not really any animals that are aggressive, wild pigs of course get cranky but a small lead tablet sorts that. Tassie devils are only in Tasmania and hard to find but they'll nail you. Other stuff like Dingo's and the like you won't see, they'll run first. Now the water, this is where you'll get a hiding, salt water crocs in the north, urakangi (Box Jelly)will kill yo, again up north, Sharks mainly around South Australia, the big suckers anyway. Some small fish are poisoness but rare, and Sting Rays won't touch you, you have to annoy the crap out of them to get hit.

It's really not too bad, sounds like it I know but it's a **** load safer than LA!

The Dingo ate my baby!!:lol::lol: I forgot to tell you to make sure you get the floating harness to put on your transom tie downs. It will reduce wrapping the rope in your prop. It will probably still happen but not as much. It also ends the tube ride earlier because the floats shoot a steady stream of water in the tubers face:D

Your right a bout E LA and most of our largest cities. Still plan to get down there one of these years if'n I can stand the plane flight. Invites are open from me to all members of this board but not much to do in a town of 600 people.

fatrap

Tox sad to say but pheasants are extinct in my area. Three years ago many now none. I only plan on going out occasionally to work the dogs. I found 12 last year and never fired a shot. I have a greater chance finding the mountain lion that hangs out a couple miles from me :(

fatrap

Thanks Fatrap, same invite from me. Pity you're not on the west coast for next years trip. I hate flying with a passion, do what I do, travel drugs.

Such a small world, the Dingo thing, my new boss that started last week is the nephew of those parents and cousin of the baby!

We have all been warned about Dingo jokes at work :eek:

Went for a walk down a few streets east of Hollywood last year, seen a few dodgy spots and walked (quickly) some very suss groups of people.

I did meet a gang dude in Orange CA at the block with a pistol in his pants, he said gday to me at least.

:D

I towed a Ranger 180VS back to shore last week. I don't think a tube would pose a problem.

Well,

Had a crack at towing the tube yesterday, full tank of fuel, 2 in the boat and one on the tube, it did it easily. Hardest part is keeping the boat slow enough until the rider gets used to the tube speed.

We bought a new "Fuel' brand tube, after 3 runs, the rider fell off and as we turned to get him, the cover on the tube ripped to pieces!! Happened at about 25 - 30 mph in glassy smooth water. Took it back and got it replaced but stuffed up a good day before it started.

On the bright side, it towed this easily.

Latest posts

Back