Torque Steering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Brown

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 700lx and I love my boat but the torque steering is driving me crazy. I have a Force 90 with a Stingray hydrofoil, it gets on plane quickly, but to really cut through the waves and decrease porpoising I need to trim the motor down and the steering pulls hard to the right. Does anyone have any suggestions to help minimize this?

Typically, if the boat pulls to right then moving trim tab to the right (standing behind motor) will help correct. This is trial and error.

Thanks, I was planning on trying this but wasn't sure how it would affect the steering under normal conditions. Was also thinking about removing the hydrofoil to see if it is amplifying the problem. Thanks for the help.

I have a 1999 Tracker PT185 with a 90hp. Merc and no hydrofoil. I got rid of my steering torque problems by changing the steering helm to a Teleflex NFB (No Feed Back). Regardless of how the motor is trimmed, I can let go of the steering wheel and it does not move. But, it can turn harder left or right depending how the motor is trimmed when on plane. The benefit is that I never fight the steering torque anymore.
I tried adjusting the trim tab before changing out the helm and obtained very little if any improvement.

I have a 1999 Tracker PT185 with a 90hp. Merc and no hydrofoil. I got rid of my steering torque problems by changing the steering helm to a Teleflex NFB (No Feed Back). Regardless of how the motor is trimmed, I can let go of the steering wheel and it does not move. But, it can turn harder left or right depending how the motor is trimmed when on plane. The benefit is that I never fight the steering torque anymore.
I tried adjusting the trim tab before changing out the helm and obtained very little if any improvement.
Thanks I will look into this.

I just installed the SeaStar pro hydraulic system. Wow! what a difference. I also have a new Suzuki 175 with allot of torque.

Latest posts

Back