This should be interesting - head to head competition

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
From Bassfan:

The Outdoor Channel (TOC) is set to premiere the first episode of its new 13-part Ultimate Match Fishing (UMF) series. This made-for-TV tournament pits 12 top pros in head-to-head, single-elimination competition. The UMF winner walks away with $50,000.

The show, which debuts June 27 at 8:30 p.m. on TOC, will be hosted by Bassmaster pro Joe Thomas. In a unique twist, anglers share the same boat and swap control every 2 hours. All competition takes place on Kentucky Lake (Ky./Tenn.)

TOC senior VP of programming Wade Sherman said, "For the first time in more than 20 years

I heard that too Tex...it does sound like "edge of the seat" competition:cool:

I'd like that tourny that Ray Scott wants to do come about...nothing but 4 lb. test can be used on HIS lake:wacko:

Watching Clunn and Brauer go head to head, switching control of the boat every 2 hours would be VERY interesting.

Of course, the Ike vs Swindle matching, is a match made in heaven, at least from a publicity and broadcast angle.

Tex

Be interesting to see how much back boating gets done?????????????????

BF

Gotta remember any one of them could win on any day. To me it's like basketball....it's whoever is ahead when time runs out.

TOXIC

There is no way you are going to make me beleive that the 12 were randomly selected....the pairings might have been, but certainly not the 12 anglers.

Looks like it wil be a good show. Too bad I dont get to watch tv much anymore. Guess I better get a Tivo.

Mini

I would like to see more of this,across the country, head to head,even on a local level,put up your $$,get in the pool,see who you draw and what lake and GO FISH!!

Now Al's got an idea there?????????????? Wonder if it's to late to get a patend...

BF