Thinking about buying a new Center console.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BASS AKWARDS

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a new center console within the next few months. I would love to hear from some CC owners. I mainly fish fresh water for stripers/ hybrids and love to fish saltwater when I can. Thanks in advance for your input.

Surprised nobody has chimed in on this.

What size are you talking about? More of a bay style, or do you want higher gunnels?

I would say 19-21 ft range. I have been in bay and skiffs, but I have never been in a skiff on the ocean. I would like to know about some options that different brands have that are cool and useful.

In 2005 I bought a new Carolina Skiff 19 DLX CC and have used it for just about every possible fishing application imagined since, both fresh and salt. (I had pics of it on the old site.) I bought it with a 90 HP Yamaha (2 stroke), front and rear casting decks, huge flip-flop cooler seat, forward console seating, and full gauge/instrumentation, full factory rail package, and 27 gallon fuel tank, all setting on an aluminum I-beam single axle trailer. I added a four bow Bimini top, CD stereo, auto bilge, auto recirc for rear deck livewell/baitwell, LCX-15mt graph/GPS on front & console, power pedestal butt seat frt. and folding rear (both removable), frt. & rear rod racks, 82lb. MG Tour Edition Great White foot control TM, and a 6" Detwiler hydraulic jack plate with an E-Ladder. I had Lanier Propeller trim, cup, & balance the 19" Michigan Wheel SS Ballistic prop I finally settled on and run high 30's fully loaded salt and low 40's light freshwater. It drafts 6-8" depending on load and passenger(s) and runs strong in 15-18" water with good water pressure in the low 30's before jack blowout. Bottomed out I've ran in 4ft. swells and steady 3 ft. rollers within sight of the beach off shore and stormy south end chop on Lanier without taking much of a beating. I can hold sturdy with a single Chene anchor on a strong incoming tide in the Destin inlet and stake out motionless crappie fishing with two 10' fiberglass tree stakes kept up under the rails and a simple bungee cord onto the rail for each one staked. There has not been the first manufacturer's issue with this rig in all of the fishing and environments I've put it in. I own a few other boats, but this one gets the most use for all things fishing and I heartily recommend a look at them or a trip to Waycross, GA to see the plant. Good luck in your hunt. ;)

I almost bought a DLV from Grass Shack, but about passed out when they told me what the payments would be after I had is rigged with the equipment I want. I am 90% towards the DLV, but some of the bay boats are nice.

I almost bought a DLV from Grass Shack, but about passed out when they told me what the payments would be after I had is rigged with the equipment I want. I am 90% towards the DLV, but some of the bay boats are nice.

Satilla Marine in Waycross is where I'd suggest you get a Skiff quote from. The drive isn't that far for the dealer quality and you can't get any closer to buying direct from the manufacturer than them. ;):cool:

Latest posts

Back