Think your Identity and credit card info is safe in your wallet or purse?

• Thread starter Michael Meier [URL]http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/8
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you just love the news? For those crooks that didn't know about this... Tada! Now they do. I'm surprised they didn't give the website name and 1800 number to order these card readers that help them steal the info.

Maybe for a follow up, they could show potential crooks how to set up the machines to get them started! :rolleyes:

Good info though Mike. Thanks for letting us know about this. Funny thing is - some government agencies (Air Force ID card office in my case) started passing out these little foil lined card holders lately, but nobody explained to us what they were for. They seemed inconvenient to use, so we all just either tossed them or put them in our desk. I've probably got a few sitting in my top desk drawer at work. Guess what I'll be doing Monday morning? :p Yep, I'm putting all my cards in those little sleeves they were passing out.

Thanks again for letting us know about this potential threat. Seems like nothing is safe anymore.

All the best,

Glenn

I have a new passport and the cac card. I need to get a blocker for the passport, and I wish they had one for the cac.

Thanks

Partner,

They do have one for the CAC. I have one on mine now and an extra in my desk you can have when you get back.

Carlos,

They do have one for the CAC. Those are the ones I said they were handing out at the Air Force ID card office the other day. I just got a new contractor CAC, as well as a new retired ID (lamination was separating on my old one), and they gave me two of the foil lined holders. I also saw on that website Mike posted that there is a see-through holder that has a picture of a CAC in it. I'm going to look into that one as well.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, Carlos,

The clear plastic one you see on the website is what we have. It can handle two cards. One in front/back. DOJ has tested them at length and that's why we got them.

Mike, thanks! I can use that.

I did buy the one for my passport today though. I have been looking for one and this put me over the edge.

Latest posts

Back