Things I've Done, While Waiting For My Broken Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
- catch every bass out of my neighborhood 1/2 acre pond. The fish are now giving me the "not you again..!" look.

- Forced every friend I have with a boat, to obtain a restraining order to keep me away from them.

- Tied the end of my jig rod line to my dogs collar and threw his ball as far as I could, just to feel the warm cuddly tug on my rod.

- sat in my garage for hours on end, listening to Barry White CD's while nursing a cold 12 pack of Coors lite, trying to remember the good times when my boat was home, and we were a couple.

- cut the grass with my riding lawnmower while wearing my personal flotation device.

- cut the grass with my riding lawnmower while marking hotspots in my yard with my handheld GPS.

- donned my tight polyester coaches shorts, lined all my lures up in formation and bellowed out my best "win one for the Gipper...!!" speech.

- woke my wife up in the middle of the night when I noticed the full moon and told her it was time to spawn. (I have bruises to prove it..!!!)

- used my patrol cars P.A. system to beg for forgiveness from the fish gods.

- watched a wonderful HGTV craft show, then made a lovely paper mache largemouth bass.

- told my neighbor I was guarding my spawning bed after I assaulted him for trying to throw me out of his hot tub which I had snuck into.

- gathered up all my daughters Barbies, and hosted a nude Bass'n Gals weigh in.

There you have it. My "How I Spent My Landlocked Days" story. Feel free to try any of these rewarding activities yourselves....!!!!!LOL

LOL!! "used my patrol cars P.A. system to beg for forgiveness from the fish gods."

What's that TV show..... "Reno 911"....

LOL at Smitty...

Come on over to this side of the State Smitty...

I'd be happy to take you fishing...in a TV-18 even!!!

Took my 12 year old to Potato Creek (Indiana) last Saturday...as usual, he caught bigger fish than me!!!

His biggest was a 4lb 2oz on a rattle trap. I caught 8, but they were all dinks...

az

az

Do you use a snap on the dog collar or do you tie direct? What knot? LOL

Try tying to the dogs toy versus his collar...

Then you have to be a bit more skillful...watch the drag, etc...LOL

az

The only knot I tie Marke....Polymar....And yes Bill, this could get very ugly when I start posting pictures of my activities here for a keen visual reference.....

Oh, I almost forgot.....

Squeezed into my old college wrestling singlet (it's a little tight)...and kicked my Jimmy Houston action figures A$$ in a no holds barred cage match on my front lawn......I was a little winded after that one....!!!!

Smitty-

What's up with your boat?

I must have missed that post...or forgot...or both!

az

I think K-Mart is sponsoring a Martha Stewart marathon on Lifetime channel. That could make a few hours seem like a few days. :>)

Harpo

Ah...OK...

They had to replace mine...again...

Only this time it was not covered...

I'm still thinking about contacting Mercury on this one...I have all the service records to show that it was a problem from day 1...

az

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard something about a recall on the shifter...??

Mine pooped out on me at the launch, at 6am after I went and parked my truck fer a day on the water...I was none too pleased....

I believe the recall is true - for the 300 model...

"Supposedly" when they replaced mine the first time they used the 'updated' model. Mine intermitantly had the same problem since the replacement. Then, first time out this season, it would not engage into gear at all...

New one works great...just had to pay for it...

az

Well, gotta run..gotta head on over to court and listen to another bad guy explain to the judge how I violated his rights...hopefully he'll be shortwinded so I can go home and get some sleep....it's been a loooong nite...!!!

Keep adding to my activities boys...I'm not sure when my boat is comin home and I need some more ideas...!!!LOL

Come over to my house and we can toss lures into my in-ground pool.

Hey Smitty, while riding your mower, bounce up and down violently while your wife sprays you with a garden hose. You'll think your on St. Clair on a Saturday....LOL

I almost forgot....Ken's pool is great for tuning crankbaits..LOL

Ken has a Pool!!! WOAHH!! Who's got pictures of Neeley in it!!! in a THONG!!! LOL

Take a Cialias and then play ring toss for the next 36 hours.

Harpo

Soonerfan,

You better read that ad again....you only get to play ring toss one time....you just have 36 hours to pick when the time is right!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

Back