The old site

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve if you can figure out the governments' block policy I'd like to know. As I see it, whatever they key off of to identify "social media" like Twitter/Facebook, etc., catches some sites...on some browsers and not others. The old site wasn't blocked but this one is. Personally, I have friends in the IT area so I can get through.

My work place in Ohio had the other site blocked. It had something to do with non-work, but they could talk football for hours and it was OK. Once I got a phone with droid os it didn't matter.

cq

It has to do with the firewalls they use. There's several types with various levels of restrictions they can impose. I'm more familiar with Sonicwall but some Cisco devices can also be configured as firewalls too. I know with Sonicwall you can subscribe to updates that block based on a lot of factors/rules/policies as well as IP ranges. Where I use to work, we blocked youtube, yahoo, anything with games as content, etc etc.

Latest posts

Back