The Dock Key

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys. I hope this subject/product hasn't been discussed on the board yet (I searched but I didn't get any hits). Anyway I was wondering if any of you have any experience with THE DOCK KEY. (I have nothing to do with the product).

I ordered a couple of Dock Keys because it seemed like a good idea at the time. I often pull up to a dock with the Z-6 and the dock cleats are WAY too far apart to tie up fore and aft, or there's no cleats at all. I've had to thread a rope through the boards and tie off under water. (Jordan Lake).

I just got a pair of Dock Keys, and though I haven't used them yet, they seem really well constructed and would probably work just fine.

Any of y'all used them yet?

www.thedockkey.com

Gary I haven't used the dock key but seems to be a good product from what I have seen. Simple solutions often are good solutions and this one makes since. Easy to use and easy to store and a quick way to tie your boat to a dock without to much fuss.

I have no experience with that key but it look good, now my concern has being since I saw it, is how about on choppy water? Any chance that key turn and found his wait out?

after looking at the video's I'd say its a very small chance that it would BOTH come loose because of the design it has leverage. 2 things would have to happen - unwork the wedge action, then more action to get the key to turn so when a wave comes to move the boat to pull on it, it has to be perfect to get the key to rise out of the board - not too likely to happen in my opinion. At first I was skeptical but think I'm gonna order the 4 pack. 2 for the bass boat and 2 for the pontoon.

Ok guys. I'll post back here after I get back on the water and let you know what I think of the DocKey. ....

Cruel and unusual weather in NC this year. :) .... also I'd just like to say it's good to see some old vets on this site. I was USN 1965 to 1972 and never saw a ship .... worked at NSA most of the time .... I wanted to sail the seven seas when I joined up in '65.. didn't happen.... oh well.... it is what it is. .... for sure.

I'll be trying one pair out in Louisiana next Tues. I got 4 of them in a couple days ago. Leaving for further south on Monday and will be fishing LA marsh in Port Fourchon Tues-Sat - then home on Sunday. Hopefully bringing back a LOT of speckled trout for the freezer. Maybe some amberjack/tuna too if I can get offshore to the rigs

Latest posts

Back