Thanks TT - Custom rod building expert in the making!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
Well, thanks to Texas Transplant, we are underway. It's been a few weeks in the making but today everything finally came together and we had the time to get going. Tonight we began building our first rod together. I'm sure our first won't be our best but we're making Christmas gifts for Gramdma and Grandpa since they love to fish.

Rod Building 20111113 First Rod.jpg

Great to see you and your son moving forward on this. Post up a few pic's every now and again on your progress. I see your son has one of the books open - good start. :D

Tex

This is awsome. Its great to see father and son share a hobby or interest. After 30 years in law enforcement, its nice to see that. An involved parent that shares a hobby with a kid leads to good things. How many times have i talked to parents who didnt have a clue what their kids interests were. Keep up the good work, both of you.

We were able to get back to business this weekend. Both rods for Gma and Gpa have hanlde, reel seats and tip tops. One of them is getting the finishing touches. Here's some pics of the progress to date.

This first picture shows my first guide wrap ever. After a bit of trial and error, I think it came out very nice.

My first wrap.jpg

Andrew also learned how to wrap guides today and did quite well. I was very impressed with his abilities.

Andrew wrapping.jpg

Of course, we were set up pretty well for a fun afternoon. TV, Fantasy Updates on laptop and a new hobby.

Andrew wrapping 2.jpg

Thanks to TexasTransplant!

It gives me a very, very great deal of pleasure seeing the progress and the pictures. I'm glad to see that you are putting the 'stuff' to good use. :D:cool:

Tex

Today, we finished wrapping our second rob. Andrew got creative and did some diamond wrapping. Final finishing is happening today and tomorrow. Everything is on track for Gma/Gpa presents!

Once again, thanks TT! You're the best!

Andrew 2nd Wrap (2).jpg

Andrew 2nd Wrap.jpg

I had a custom rod made here awhile back, paid over $200 for it and the wrap on yours is as good or better, congrats to you and your son, what a great Father/Son hobby....

Check out the additional pics on the final product in my library. The rods came out great. I could get into this!

Nice Pictures and nice results, you have to be one proud Pop and your son is one proud Son, I know it takes a lot of patience which most young men haven't developed, this will be a life long experience for him as well as you.....

Latest posts

Back