Th' F-in New Guy Says Hello All

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBassasinSA

Reaction score
Hello, All, I wanted to stop in and possibly share stories, info, warnings?, advice, fishing/boating safety tips, etc. I am looking into purchasing the third bass boat of my life, thus far, and want to make sure that the boat has a decent, if not stellar :) reputation as far as being fisherman friendly or problematic, any quirks maybe someone has heard about/experienced, ever, and possible things to look for trying to be a pro-active kinda guy.

Anyway, the possible new addition to my fold is a 2005 Nitro 190TF 19'-6" Bass Boat w a 150 HP Mercury XR6 Outboard motor. The boat has a McClain aluminum trailer that replaced, professionally, the original trailer...? Not too sure if this model had already stopped going w the old Tracker trailers that fell apart before the motor and hull would (1990-?), maybe someone here can tell me? Either way the trailer is a tandem set-up w trailer brakes, matches the boat very well, and overall looks pretty darn good.

BTW the boat, motor and trailer is in really good shape, everything mechanically is billed as fully functional, and from the pics, yes only pics so far, the gel coat is better than I can actually believe from just pics, carpeting is straight and upholstery looks same, and overall looks like a really nice deal.

Any questions, comments, concerns, advice, heads-up to possible problematic issues no matter the severity and/or any great news no matter how seemingly small would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, DBassasinSA

welcome to the crazy house - oh ok, its just ME that's crazy, so welcome to the forum where crazies hang out LOL ;) oh and us senile old (fill in description here) o_O:D

Welcome to the boards.

Hard to say on that boat, and no worries on the trailer as long as the replacement works. I just had to replace the Trailstar/Tracker Marine trailer under my 2004 Nitro. The brackish waters for VA tore it up well before it's time.

The XR6 is a very good motor (which I have also), and has long been considered Mercury's workhorse, but it does drink quite a bit of gass and oil compared to newer motors.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back