Texas Jerk Jigger:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
Besides my full time job I work part time at a Gun & Tackle shop and the other day an older Gentelmen came in the store asking for a lure called the Texas Jerk Jigger used for bass fishing. I told him I hadn't ever heard of it and I couldn't give any idea where to purchase one. My question is, is this a lure or a fishing technique and if it's a technique what type of lure would I have recommended to him? He's suppose to call me back at the store in a week..Thanks for any information you may have...

Buzz

Buzz, BTW, the X-15 just stopped working again yesterday without warning. It was like glass out there so nothing could have done it. If it worked after Wednesday, it sure should have worked yesterday. Did you put the manual in the orange box? If so, I will read up on it tonight and see what I can do. Then I need to fix that flasher! LOL Cowling is fixed! Scouting tomorrow for NBS. Anyone want to go?

I heard of "jigger bobbin" or "jigger polin." It is mostly an old time southern states method of bass fishing. It was done with a stout cane pole, a short line, with a small bait fish impaled on a hook. The angler would use the long pole to place the bait into a weedy area sort of "jiggle" the pole as he move the bait through the water. It was used from shore or from a jon boat. A very effective way to catch bass.

I don't know if that is what the guy was talking about or not.

Bear

Latest posts

Back