Terrible smell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
While in Florida for 9 days to watch my daughter play in the volleyball nationals my mother stayed at my house to watch over things. She is a dear and since we had two severe storms with tornados which knocked out power for a total 4 days she stayed true to the task.:wub: She put everything in coolers and when we returned put all back into the fridge and freezers. Saved everything, or so we thought. Two days ago I thought I smelled something in the garage. My wife assured me that it was a series of diapers in the trash as the kids were letting loose all day (she runs a small home daycare.) Well yesterday it was worse. As my mom had used the coolers to put everything in I walked over and kicked a few to make sure they were empty. One was "heavy" so I opened it. Wrong thing to do!!:wacko: A 22lb turkey was in it and fermenting/decomposing to say the least. It had swollem up to completely fill the cooler. The smell almost knocked me over. It wasn't more than 30 seconds later my wife came out of the house to ask what that smell was. What a rough way to discover what rotting meat smells like. Next time I just chcuk the thing and not open it!:lol:

Hope you all have a good 4th!

Randy!

EEEWWWW, and I was just about to eat breakfast!!! NOT!!!

I had that happen with minnows in the old Tracker baitwell, we went away for 2 weeks right after fishing, I had drained the baitwell but forgot to get the minnows out! We get back, and for the first few days (our playroom is over the garage where the boat stays) we kept smelling the nastiness, and could not find it. Eventually we figured it out and the maggots were in full bloom!! LOL

Trep i had a similar thing happen on my 882. My boat was used as the dump boat for a tournament and lets say i "missed" a fish in there. Two days later i found it and i could smell it from across the yard. It took me days and gallons of vinegar to clean up that smell.

I just threw the whole thing away. I figured that the plastic had become permanently afixed with that smell.

My partner did the same thing with a bass in his well.:lol:

Randy!

Oh man that reminds me of when I was 17, I had gotten on a bream bed and did some damage. Several days later I had a date, and when we were riding around some serious funk was rolling into the car, and I had no idea what it was. I guess she thought it was me....The next day I popped the trunk and it about knocked me down, I had left the bream in the cooler in the AL summer heat, and it was some kinda bad. Funny stuff right there.

If she thought it was you, remind me NOT to have you in my boat or truck! LOL!:lol::lol:

I thought only Tox had that reputation!!!!!!!

Randy!

I left a whole can of night crawlers in the trunk of my mom's car during the summer when I was a teenager. She weren't too happy with me! :unsure:

Latest posts

Back