Talon install on Z8?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience installing a Talon on a Z8? Will I need to use a jackplate mount or can I get by with mounting on the transom?

thanks

you will probably need the 6s adapter plate to use the motor holes. it will not adapt to the transom on a Z8. The OKC Bass Pro should have one on a Z7 which uses the same plate.

Ditto pettymsj. I can't see any way to Talon or Power Pole mount on a Z without the jackplate adapter plate. Good luck! ;)

the adapter plate goes between the outboard and the transom so you will need a cherry picker to hold up the motor. also the bolts will be longer than the ones on the boat now.

if you don't feel comfy jacking you motor off your transom pony up the dough and pay a couple hrs labor to you fav. mechanic.

Or depending on the make of your jackplate there are brackets you can use that mount to the side of the jack plate so you dont have to remove the motor.

FYI the hole pattern for the Talon is supposed to be the same as the hole pattern for the powerpole.

Latest posts

Back