Tales from Springfield

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Well, I got back late last night...what a great meeting. I'm really excited about some of the new products and improvements Tracker is making. They have also replaced and added some key personnel and are committing this coming year to placing Quality Control and Customer Service in the forefront.

I had a brief lunch with Sue D. and Scott...no strawberrys or diet Dr. Pepper but the food was good.

Scott is just as nice and big-hearted in person as he is behind his computer...I don't care what everyone says about him, he's alright in my book!!! LOL (my book is pretty screwed up, though..ahahahah)

Penny Berryman is truly a class act...she took the time to talk with as many people as she could, and tried to give everyone her undivided attention.

Gary Parsons was there previewing the New 21' Tundra...what an AWESOME boat..65mph walleye rig!!!

Jimmy Houston was his usual self, I talked with him at length on Thursday evening, and while we were talking, a little 10yr old boy came up to us as we were sitting in a boat. Jimmy started talking to him about fishing. He was from Wisconsin and they had fished some of the same lakes...this little guy really knew his stuff. He was talking about Texas rigs, C-rigs, drop-shotting, changing out blades on his spinner-baits...for a 10yr old, the kid was sharp. Well, he asked Jimmy for some advice on techniques with 4 inch floating worms. Jimmy proceeded to tell him about Wacky-rigging it...he told the kid, "When the fish hits it, you gotta count to three real sloooow, not the way you Yankees boys count, onetwothree, but like us southern boys do...oooooonnnnnnne, ttttwwwoooooooooo, thhhhrrrreeeeeeeeee, then set the hook!!!"

The kid looks at him all wide-eyed and says "...now I get it, I always wondered why us Yankees won the Civil War..."

Jimmy looks at him and drawls, ..."what do you mean by that, son?"

And the kid says, a 10 YEAR OLD KID, looks at Jimmy and says..."...when all the soldiers lined up on each side, their commanders told them to fire on the count of three, and while you southerners were still on one, we were already done shooting your butts and reloading for the next shot!!!"

Jimmy and I darn near fell out of the boat, we were laughing so hard we were crying!!! Needless to say, it was quite an experience for that young man to sit and talk with Jimmy for the better part of a half hour.

I'll post a few more tales later on...I've got to get back work now.

Don't know about pic's, but the only changes to the 9 series are new dash and gauges...they've also reinforced the consoles.

If history is any guage of the future, we won't see the web-site updated with new tracker pic's/spec's/details until AFTER the brochures come out typically around the end of the year (for Brochures) and in January for the website.

Latest posts

Back