Tale Of Wooo

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olefisherman

Reaction score
going across lake .trim has stopped working . fished anyway. back to dock trim still not working . boat wont tow [nitro 160 ] with motor down tried all switches --no luck . loaded boat ruined prop, pulled out clear of water , much damage to skeg . then trim works anger rage die mf boat !!! bought a new prop , had old prop repaired , had skeg rebuilt $$$$
question -- how can i get trim to work when switches are not working need a maciver fix to avoid repeat.

There is a bolt/screw below motor you can turn which will loosen the trim so you can tilt the motor up or down. Make sure you have help before you turn the bolt/screw, while holding the motor to let it down easy or lift it up where you need it for towing. Make sure to retighten the screw after your done. I'm sure there are some info on your motor that will help such as hand books or videos. Make sure before making any adjustments someone has the motor so it wont fall and hurt the motor or worse someone. Hope this helps. :)

Go to you tube and see how to raise motor manually. Learn where the fuse box is and what fuses it takes. Sounds like a fuse or short. My trim and main engine fuse are together so if one goes the engine won't start either. My boat had the trim quit, the ignition switch was dead the engine wouldn't crank or make a noise. I was dead in the water. I consulted a top notch Merc Mechanic by phone and he said I probably had a short in the wiring loom.. Bass Pro didn't have a clue and my rig ( A Tundra w/150 Opti) sat an entire season with me not using it. I finally took it to a real Mercury Mechanic not "Power Pro's" They found and fixed it in two hours. It was a short in the wiring loom under the front deck.
Mike G.

Latest posts

Back