Taking on some water!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Well in the last two outings the 170DC has started to accumulate water fairly quickly. I've checked to see if it was the livewell overflow hose but appears not to be the problem. No rought water during these outings, have not hit anything and I'm careful when I slow to not allow water rushing over the back. Any thouhts on where to start the search? Until now she was dry as a chip after an all day outing. Think I should fill the bilge area with the water hose and watch for a leak?

Check the o-ring on your plug if you have one and see if your live well pump is leaking. I'd filler her up. Baby powder around thru fittings is another idea

Not sure what type of aeration system you have, but mine has a small clear hose (about the size of a pencil) to add extra oxygen. It is held on by pressue no clamp. I had to remove the rear storage box to find it. It had come loose and it is amazing how much water it will let in. My pumps had to be on for it to bring in water. So if I didn't use my live wells I had no issue. That is how I started to track down the problem.

Good Luck,

Steve

Do you have a water temp gauge? My hose on the back of that came off and pee'd warm water on the floor. Thanks to the guys on this site I was able to identify and fix easily.

I will check the oring on the plug and take a look in the bilge area next time out as soon as i launch. I will check that aeration pump and baby powder the thur hull fittings too. Thanks for all the ideas, hope it's something simple.

Latest posts

Back