Take A Solider Fishing - Lake Fork - Great Turnout

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, our Take-A-Solider-Fishing tournament on Saturday was a great success. We had a total of about 85 soliders we took out. Dinner and gift bag on Friday night. Had a great launch with the colors being presented by the Boy Scouts, and a great rendition of the Star Spangled Banner (recording) being played.

Then it was blast off and fishing. Most everyone came back at noon time for a 'drive by' lunch (chick-fil-a sandwhich, chips, drinks) and then back out. No one had to get out of their boat, simply cruise by with a drink order and we put it in their hands.

Weigh in was great. Lot's of prizes given out. Great sponsor participation. I'll post 'some' pictures below, and will later on post the link to our club where all the pic's will be at (I took about 400 or so pictures this weekend).

Our club will do it again bigger and better next year.

Tex

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 036_Smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider_Sep_2008 130_Smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 167_smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 267_smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 303_smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 305_smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 306_smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 new2_smaller.JPG

Take_A_Solider__1_Sep_2008 283_smaller.JPG

Guys,I'm looking for a Take a Soldier fishing in the Missouri area and I can't seen to find anybody who knows if it happens in my area.I would love to get involved in something like this.I have a son who is serving in the Corps now and would like to help out all I can.Any help would be appricated.

Isn't it just fantastic, the feeling you get when you give a little back to those who have given so much!! We did a similar event Saturday on Lake Anna. 65 boats and many were double and tripled up with soldiers from Ft. Meade. I had a terrible day on the water fish wise but we had a couple of go fast runs,..... well...... as fast as the old NITRO would go!!:lol: Caught a lot of catfish and stripers on cranks:wacko: Lunch catered by a local restaurant and many many gifts for all of those who participated. That was my 2nd event this year and I wish there were more!! I got a commerative coin presented to me in the Army way (palm to palm in a handshake) and it will be one of my good luck charms in my pocket everytime I fish!!

TOXIC

Tex,

Thanks for posting those pics, I love the pic of that boy scout holding the flag with the sunrise, what an awesome photo! Thanks for your support to the military and I hope to meet some members of this board at the next wounded soldiers tourney that I plan on getting to.

JP

Great pictures and a great event Tex! Got teary eyed seeing the cub scout with the flag as the boats took off.

Trep

Man John, along with a couple of other's here, when I saw the picture of the Boy Scout with the flag, tied together with the photo directly under it, I got teary eyed!

What a great event and what a great thing you and the others did for our Military Men & Women!!! When I looked at the written "Thank You's" I again got teary eyed!

From this old Vet, thanks to you for what you've done where you are and also to Tox for what he does around here!! One of my my sincere wishes is that I get well enough to at least help out at one of these events some time..

I am very proud of all of our military men and women and I'm also very proud of what my brethren on N.T.O.W.S. does for them. What a great group of guys and gals.

Uncle Billy

Unk, you can call me selfish because as I said, I get more out of these events than the soldiers!! I can't imagine what I would do if I couldn't participate in these events. There is nothing better than being able to do what I really enjoy (fishing) with guys and gals who really, really need that day on the water. We all know how fishing makes us feel, the sun rising on the horizon, a mist on the water, fish breaking in the shallows and the water like glass. All your troubles and cares seem to float away. Well, these folks have more need for a break from the everyday grind and the troubles of life than I ever will. I feel soooo blessed to be the one to give them 6 or 7 hours of "freedom". I gotta say my knees got weak when the Master Sargent planted his hand in mine with the coin and said "Thank You" with feeling that came from the depths of his soul.

TOXIC

Great job and great pics Tex!! We can't do enough for our service men and women. God Bless you all!!! :wub:

Latest posts

Back