Tablerock Lake - Near Branson, MO

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
This ND fisherman is finally breaking the long winter fishing dry spell. We are headed down to MO to pick up my daughter from college and spending a few days at Hide-Away Resort on Tablerock. It's about 30 min outside of Branson.

Anyone have any tips, tricks, thoughts to help a ND/MN small lake boy be successful on this big body of water?

I typically fish whacky worms around dicks and top water frogs and such in the lilly's.

Apperciate any advice and input.

Thanks guys!

Won't find much in the way of lillys. Docks should be plentiful. I like a split shot rig with green pumpkin Fish Doctor, Carolina Rigged Lizard, or a 1/2 oz. football jig all fished around main lake points, etc. Should be a good time. Check out www.724outdoors.com for latest info. Good Luck and enjoy.

Thanks rnitro...didn't think we'd see many lilly's, just giving an idea of what we're used to.

Thinking the whacky worm, buzzbaits and such should be a good start to see how things are biting early.

As the day warms, we'll have to figure out how to go deeper. Not used to that but thinking a dropshot and such should give us some action.

Any/all input is awesome! Thanks again!

I fished there last July for 5 days. Best area I found at that time is go to your left coming out of the Marina and keep going to your left. If you go all the way back in the first big inlet, you'll find lots of docks on your right and you'll know your in the right spot when you see the very large mansions above the docks. Those docks sit in about 60 feet of water just 20 yards out from the shore. Fish were in the 40 ft. range. Let a wacky worm just fall and shake and lift. Another great area is continue going towards the back of that large cove till you get to all the stumps sticking out of the water. Might try slip shot rigs there in pumpkin and black or similar. Worked well for me.

Fished three large tourneys there over the years and spoons won everyone! Even in the spring when a guy brought in a 9+ he still didn't beat the spoon guys. I did catch a ton of fish but nothin huge.

There is also NO grass anywhere! Lots of wood to flip.

Randy!

My Table Rock expert was just talking about this today. He recommended getting off the main lake and put the Carolina rig to bed. He talked about fishing the standing timber and the long secondary points, getting into the longer creek channels.

I cant really help, but I would be leary of fishing wacky worms around that type of cover! ;)

Thanks for the input guys. Mini, why Leary? Because of the high potential to hang up or because of the current bite patterns or are you worried I would break one of your world records :D

He's saying be Leary because you put "dicks" instead of docks! Ha

Gotta love posting from phones. That would make me Leary too. Thanks for the remedial help Tgrife.

Back