Sweet......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Just thought I'd report back about my BPS experience on Friday....

Gonna have to that more often and they had dang near everything I needed!;)

I went with the Carbonlite reel (last years model I believe cuz it was on sale) and set it up with an older 6'6" Extreme MH I already had and just a really nice set-up.

Couldn't stand it went to the local resivoir yesturday and that thing is smooth and casts a country mile! Super light and on sale for $89:cool:

This years is lighter yet (5.7 I believe) but $129.

We'll see how it holds up. I behaved on everything else..just a few spinners,skirts and the new Spro McRip85 (McStick DD jerk)in the (here it comes)........

CELLMATE! Thanks Tox for getting me into the Spro line of lures;)

If any of you do not have the Lil' John cranks...you are not catching all the fish you can! I've caught more on the Cell Mate Lil' John in the last few years than all my cranks combined and no that's NOT a joke. SM,LM,Walleye...it doesn't matter.

Shhhhhhhhhh.............Carlos sleeps with one under his pillow!! :lol::lol:

Not to be an infomercial here (shaddup Mini!!:lol: )but SPRO has the Little John in any depth you want to throw it. Regular...Medium Diver......Deep Diver.....and a "Fat John" as well. Out soon will be the "Big Daddy Crank" for you deeper than deep fisherpeople.

Seriously, I was not a crankbait fisherman until these came out. It is not my strength but I will throw them when the time is right. Carlos will heave these bad boys all frickin day!! While Cell Mate is my favorite color, there are a couple of sleepers in the mix that I use as well;) Guys in Florida throw the Aruku Shad (Old Glory) all the time. Only place I have ever been where they fish lipless under docks as a staple pattern. They lose a lot of them but catch a lot of fish.

TOXIC

I decided on the McRip vs. the standard McStick that runs 3 to 5 ft because the SM at Dale like to suspend on the first breaks in early spring. Anything shallower than that and it'll be the Lil' John.

And yes Tox I've not used Old Glory maybe as much as the CM but, it'll be on one of my rods for sure because I just had just read the article in BassMaster and McClelland on Day on The Lake. That was his best producing color;)

TEE,

Glad to hear your trip to Cinci. Bass Pro was more than you expected! I work there part time in fishing and also think we do a fine job having the desired products. I know in our BPS the fishing department strives hard to make our customers happy in all regards. I'm sorry I missed meeting you. I was off Friday. Maybe we'll meet on your next visit?

I'm not surprised you like the carbonlite reel. I've been fishing one of those combos for 2 seasons now and LOVE IT! It's holding up very well with 2 years of pounding use!

Thanx John...I'll shoot an e-mail before leaving next time and maybe when can shoot the breeze.

I may have to add another CL to my arsenal also;)

Latest posts

Back