Survey - What do you WANT to add to your boat

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Was at BPS on Sunday with the family, wife asked me to go fill up a shopping cart with stuff I'd like and then had me go to the back of the boat showroom for a while so she and the boys could pick out what they would get me and surprize me next Saturday. Problem was it's getting real hard to find more STUFF to add to my boat! Tackle (rods, reels, lures..) is always a staple, but what I wondered is after having a boat for a few years or a few days, other then a bigger motor, what would you ADD? The next big item I know we'll add is the bimini top for summers (removable of course), but other than that i've already added: Spare Tire/mount, Boarding Ladder, Ski Mirror, 2 - 12 volt power points, Anchor systems, Rod holders, Extra Rod straps, GPS/Cell Phone Holder, Rod/Rear lid holder springs, new livewell pumps, and a storage box in the bildge.

So, what do you folks want to add to your boat?

My next toy will be a bow-mounted LCD depth finder (probably a 'bird 400-series) and a trolling-motor mounted transducer. I really miss having a TM-mounted depth finder and display right at my feet. Then I'll be looking hard at getting a stainless steel prop.

This winter, I'm going to build my front deck extension and possibly rod locker storate tubes.

I also want to get a Maxxum 74 bow-mounted 24-volt trolling motor with a retractable/removable mount, radial trailer tires, neoprene depth finder display covers, a prop lock bar, storgage bin and livewell lights, and a 50-amp dual breaker switch. Then there's the tube, post and rope to tow folks around the lake.

Jack plate and 4 bladed prop. Also bolt on rachet tie-downs, and keel guard. I never have a problem thinking of more stuff to get. Trep do you have a GPS? If not, make that the first on your list. And with the spots down there, get an Atlantis camera. You won't be dissappointed.

MO - Forgot to list my Eagle depth finder I put up front with the trolling motor transducer - LOVE IT!

Rob - Got the GPS, not it's a basic $99 model but suits my needs right now and it was a gift!

Mike L - I'd be happy with a 3lb LM right now!!!

Petite lady. (Tall and slender is OK, too - especially if her arms are long enough to reach under the cap to my trolling motor mounts!) About 45 years old give or take a few. No kids at home. Loves fishing and classical music. Brains. Can put up with me for a full day at a time!

OK for Scott's benefit, let me add one more criteria:

MUST BE Something purchasable from BPS/Dealer/Web and NOT a HUMAN!!!

Geez............ There you go..... Spoilin' my dreams.....

OK, a fish-finder with built-in GPS.

Well once I get another boat I am going to add an anti tree protection system. LOL! That is if they make them...

Replacement fishfinders for at least the bow, and eventually both. Need to get rid of those HBirds!

Fix the livewell problems - which is directly related to either getting BPS to do the work; or the dealer that I bought it from; or finding out how to remove the rear deck. I believe that the third option is a closely guarded secret, known only by factory reps/dealers!

More time to fish, but I don't think that is purchaseable as yet!

Improved rod locker storage, but my cheap method is working pretty good!

Tex

I'd like to add a console mounted depthfinder with transom mounted transducer - Lowrance x75 or x85. I already have a bow mounted x75.

Bob G.

Bob G - So you don't have any console mounted finder? That's usualy the opposite, since most boats come with the console finder and most add the bow, interesting!

I'd like to add about three feet and about 100 more horsepower!! ha! LOL the camera idea above sounds good if you fish clear water. seriously i would like to add bow mounted depthfinder, gps, new trailer hubs which don't spray grease all over the place, some fenders which don't rust, some trailer lights which don't burn out every month, a new winch, a safety chain connection to trailer to the bow eye like Rich's, new carpet (mine is silver and shows everything), seat cover repairs, a small fishin seat, rod locker holder, humminbird 3000 legend, a new trolling motor that doesn't whine, trolling motor mount that doesn't "clunk" when you engage the motor, a underwater fishin light for crappies, and a livewell pump out system. Also, a 3 car garage which is long enought to put the boat in.

james d.

James, I can honestly say now, that my next TM WILL be a Minn Kota. I have used Motorguide my whole life and am on my 4th, but after using the Maxxums this season, they are durable, quiet, have comparable power but are much more weedless than Motorguides. They are solidly built, and the mount with a bouncebuster and velcro strap protects the TM and boat terrificly! There, my little plug for Minn Kota. Plus the majority of other pros I have encountered swear by them. My only complaint is that the pedal is just too stinkin big!

1. Bow mounted fishy finder... one that actually finds fishes!

2. A real "gas guage" -- anyone tell me on a 56 gallon tank (that will NEVER have more than 1/2 tank in it) just how they determine how much gas they "actually" have? I find myself longing for a digital gauge, that would say "x gallons left".

Other than the rod locker "thing", the gas guage has to have my vote for most useless thing in my 901.

On a related note, just how many MPG should a 901 get? (200EFI)?

Depends on the load, how you trim, the water and wind, etc. It varies a lot Sim. On boats it's measured gallons per hour, of run time.

Hey Trep- new driver, passenger and pedastal seats (since I ripped the old rotten ones out), raker or renegade prop (depending on performance I get once up and running) NEW CARPET! Oh, and the spare tire mount would be nice as well. One more thing, a fold up permanent boarding ladder for the transom.

Gang - Whats a "livewell pumpout"? I'll assume till all y'all tell me different that it is a pump that attaches to the drain in your livewell and pumps the water OUT, as opposed to just letting it drain out??

oh yea,

I forgot that keel gaurd. thanks!

hey rob - i've been leanin towards mk maxxum as i hear good things. i do not know how to get around the holes not lining up though with the old mg mount and being a do it yourself kind of guy, i ain't gonna pay a hundred bucks to have someone mount it. what is the work around on the mounting holes?

james d.

trep,

ya got the pump out right. when on the water it's nice to be able to empty the livewell. Also, when the lines get clogged up and the drain don't work, you can pump it out to get rid of the water.

james d.

oh yeh, go ahead and put me down for that maxxum mk trolling motor and some rod holders for catfishin and crappie.

Nothing for the boat. If BPS didn't include it then I don't need it.

I'll wait for the fishing equipment dream list.

Bear

James, 4 of the 6 holes DO line up perfect. Then you just drill 2 new ones and you're set. Also get it with the bounce buster kit. GREAT little set up! When Doug gets back next week, you ask him how thick the weeds were that we mulched our way through this weekend. Only thing you can't stop is them wrapping around the shaft. Just gotta clean that off every so often. Yup, I'm a Kota man now!

Hey Trep,

My boat didn't come with any real depth finders, except for the cheesy dash mounted Humminbird depth gauge that disappears when I run WOT. It works ok when puttering around, but all you get is a number, not any detail. I bought the x75 and had it installed when the boat was being rigged. I would like to add another x75 or a x85 mounted on a mini RAM mount.

Bob G.

John - So is it the house or the job? 'cause we KNOW it's not Stacy or Susan that is keeping you out of the boat!!! LOL

Work,work,work and a little house.

Still working three guys short on a seven man crew at work and company just changed over our entire computer system. So I have to learn it all over again.

The AC/Heater went out at the house so I have to have it fixed.

there just isn't enough hours in a day any more.

At least it's there when I can go.

John

Bob G.

that mini ram mount is really great. I just installed hb 1000 legend on the ram mount and am very satisfied. An added plus is when I sell the boat and get a bigger one, I can place a lower priced unit on the mount.

james d.

oh yeh,

put me down for some of those sospenders life jackets and some of those 100mph bibs and parkas for this winter and how about a jack plate for my little lx700.

rob - r u sure those holes line up? i have the standard number 15 mount in bps cat. with the 48# 12 volt motorguide. i thought i read a post that the holes didn't line up - i don't even think the mg gators line up either. thinkin about buying Curtis' maxxum 65 even though it is more thrust than i need (guess i could put the mg back on when i upgrade to larger boat).

thanks,

james d.

Latest posts

Back