Survey Says "What's your biggest bass?"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
OK folks...

Tell the truth!

What's your biggest bass and where did you catch it?

Largemouth and Smallmouth...

Here's mine:

Largemouth 7lbs 6oz

Smallmouth 4lbs 4oz

both caught and released in Michigan

az

Green Fish...6.2 on a private lake in Michigan

Brown Fish...6.8 on Lake St. Clair

Craig

Green Fish: 8.5 HerringtonLake Ky

Brownfish : 5 Cumberland

Big BrownFish honors goes to my wife, 7 caught on Dale Hollow...

Pictures in the library...

LM - 5.6 lbs

SM - 4.7 lbs

Both caught Lake Nipissing Ontario.

Largemouth - 7 lbs 8 ozs caught in NC -- Falls of the Neuse Lake

Smallmouth - 4 lbs 13 ozs caught in NY -- Lake Ontario

Oh i never weighed my biggest bass, cuz i never catch them during the tournaments. In 2003 i caught 3 over 23". 1 was 23.75" On a slot lake(Fayette Co) i had to throw back. Estimated them around 7lbs each. Plus my partners 7.5 oz bass he caught on a tournament from my boat.

BMCD, that sounds like some Lake Fork slot fish....?

My biggest Largemouth was caught in a farm pond and of course I had no scale with me. I could put my whole fist in its mouth without touching anything! I estimate it to be at least 7.5 to 8 lbs. The guy fishing with me almost blew chunks when I released it. He wanted me to hang it on the wall. I couldn't rob a small pond of a beautiful fish like that.

Wolf

LM Bass: 7.3lbs

Red Fish: 33lbs

Speck: 6.9lbs

No Brown fish this far South.

I think me and BDMC fish the same slot lake west of Houston.

Largemouth - 5 1/4 pounds

Smallmouth - never caught one

Striped - 15 pounds (on a fly rod to boot)

Hybrid - 7 1/2 pounds

9.1 lb largemouth length 24-1/4'' long, girth was 22''.

Weighed on certified scales, small grocerie store.

Caught August 2001, Grass Lake, N.Y.: on Jig and Pig

Mounted and on my wall.

Smallmouth 7.8 lbs Lake of the woods, Redwood N.Y.

Length 23'', girth 19: This lake has the capability of breaking the New York state record smallie if someone would ever catch it.

Truth huh? I guess I'll have to do a search and find out what I said the last time this question went around. ;>)

Just under 7 lbs. on a handheld scale.

Harpo
7LBER.jpg

Largie - 8lbs 7 oz in the Chazy River off of Lake Champlain, jig n pig

Smallie - 6 lbs 2 oz, off a flat in Lake Champlain.....NO not the one some of you guys are thinking either! LOL Rattle trap

LM 8lbs 10oz caught at Lake Winthrop in Holliston MA. there are bigger ones in there too. A high school buddy of mine had a 12# LM weighed in by Mass fish and game from that lake.

SM 4lbs 14oz caught at Newfound lake in NH. I still havent busted the 5# smallie mark but i have come darn close many times.

large mouth; 6lbs

small mouth; 4.5lbs both at Bow Lake

striper; 43.5" just outside boston harbor.

GregD

I know I can't compete with youse guys and gals, but here they are....

Smallmouth - 4lbs 8oz - Lake Champlain, 7/26/02

Largemouth - 4lbs 8oz - Lake Champlain, 5/15/04

Both fish weighed on my Stren digital scale.

Bob G.

I've had several Largemouth and Smallmouth over 4 pounds. I just can't seem to get over that 5lb hurdle.

Largest Striped Bass was 36 inches.

LM - 9+ pounds (My 10# scale would not weigh it, but I don't think it would go 10, even though it was 25.5" long). I have several over 8#.

SM - 2.5 pounds

largemouth 6.09lbs

Smallie, 5.80 lbs

Bob G...think your scale may be broken !!!

Rob...there are no 8lb Largemouth in Champlain ?!?!

Pierre

LM was 6lb 4oz, caught on a Rapala DT10 in Lake Murray (February).

SM was probably about 3lbs on the New River in W. VA, on a bandit crawfish crankbait. Only time I've been smallie fishing.

Tex

LM 5.72lb Von Bach dam in Namibia (Rapala Fat Rap)

SM 3.56lb Clan William dam in South Africa (Rapala Shad Rap)

5.25 lbs...but the kicker is I was 7 yrs old!...does it count if dad had to wade out in the middle of the pond to get him out of a weed bed that i let him run into?...

LM - 6.8 otternic pond Hudson NH Red Shad Culprit worm

SM- 4.2 Big Island pond Derry NH white /chartreuse spinnerbait

Largemouth: 8.1 Aunts pond, 5 lbs 14 ounces in a lake

Smallmouth: .1 or 4 inches long, Table Rock Lake..come to think of it...never cuaght a smallmouth in Oklahoma....

Harpo- Nice spinnerbait!!!! Red River?

BJ, That was the first Red River spinnerbait I ever bought. Also the first time I ever fished McGee Creek. I had heard all about this great lunker bass lake and all I was catching was dinks...but I was catching a lot of them. I had just put that trailer on to try to attract something larger.

Harpo

9.35 Largemouth local city lake called Wherspan

4.5 Smallie western part of the state

had one of my best days ever on bass last sunday, 10 fish in an hour, none under 17", three biggest 21.5 20.0 and 19.5, I have pics but don't have a scanner, when I can get them on my computer will post them.The lake was a mess with jet boats, Baja's and skiers and there I was just pounding the snot out of the Bass, go figure, hasn't happened when Im in a tourney yet, but I know I can do it.

Andy Z. Got it on a Rattle Trap in a small lake about 30 mi. SW of Howell,my fishing partner & I fish this lake (no name) a lot & get a lot of 4 to 5# fish but this one was one in a lifetime !!!

LOL @ Harpo:) Sounds like Roland Martin. "Son, that's a good 5, 6, 7, 8 pound bass":)

Mine is 8lb. 4 oz. and that's a whopper for Maryland. I was so proud of that I had "8 lb. Club" stenciled on the boat I had at the time.

Bill

11.78 and it was in a tournament! California Delta, flippin a black and red brush hog on 50 lb. braid. It was the biggest fish of the year (1999). Also had a six in that same limit. Five fish over 26 lbs. on day one and I was in 9th place. The day one leader was legend, Don Payne. I think his 5 fish went about 34-36 lbs for day one.

How'z that for California Bass???

Hey NH Mike,

When did you catch that 6.8 in tonic pond? I grew up a mile from the ramp on Highland St. and spent almost every day of my youth fishing that pond both from shore and in my canoe.

I was very disapointed the last time I fished there because the the milfoil is so bad you can almost walk on the water.

Latest posts

Back