"Survey" call from Tracker Marine

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Sitting in my office yesterday, phone rings, it's a guy from Tracker corporate headquarters. Asks if I have a few minutes to answer a survey about my new Tracker (Fisher) boat.

"Sure, be happy to," I say.

He starts to ask a few general questions, confirming which boat, motor and trailer I have, where I bought the boat, how I like the boat. My initial impression of the conversation? Great! Tracker cares about my satisfaction with their product! I'm glad they called!

Then, as the conversation gets into the second minute or so, I begin to get the impression the guy isn't recording my answers. He is asking simple, very general questions, clearly from a script. The questions are not the typically detailed customer satisfaction questions, such as, "Overall, how satisfied were you with the selling dealer," or "Are there any specific problems you've had with your boat that you want us to be aware of" or, "Would you recommend Tracker boats to your friends and family?"

I was giving moderately detailed answers. He never asked for clarification, and he quickly responded with plattitudes to every answer ("great, great," "excellent," etc.), obviously in a hurry to get to the next question, as if he was trying to get to the punchline.

My "this a solicitation" radar started getting a return signal.

Sure enough, about 30 seconds after my radar began picking up the signal, the other shoe drops:

Him: "I see you have the six year warranty on the Mercury engine you purchased. And of course your boat and trailer are covered by the one year factory warranty. Did your dealer tell you that Tracker offers extended coverage for your boat and trailer?"

Me: "No, I don't think he did, and I am not interested."

Him: "Oh. Well, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions."

I take that to mean this "survey" is now over.

Me: "Sure. What department did you say you worked for at Tracker?"

Him: "Tracker corporate headquarters."

Me: "Hmm. OK. Bye."

Footnotes for anyone at Tracker who might be reading this:

1) If you want to sell me something, call me and tell me you want to sell me something. I might not buy, but I will listen to what you are offering as a courtesy for you being honest about the nature of the call.

2) If you care about my experience with your products and want me to answer a survey, call me and ask me to answer a survey. I will gladly do so.

3) If you want to sell me something and feel you need to lie about the nature of the call in order to get me to talk to you, don't call me.

Tracker Marine, are you reading me? Hope so.

Rich

Tracker better hope that the DON'T call me for a survey. My fricking Tundra is closing it's seventh week sitting in the Tracker lot at Council Bluffs. BPS. The trailer doesn't fit the boat properly. At first the dealer said they could fix it. Tracker told them no hands off we'll come and get it, make sure the owner doesn't have any personal possessions in/on it. I remove all equipment including my expensive travel cover. I was told Tracker would be there the next day. That was four weeks and a dozen cloud burst and a hail storm ago.

I talked to the new manager, Tracker etc no results. I told them I wanted my money back. No can do. Now yesterday I get a call that they'll be here today or tomorrow to pick it up. I have made mention that I want a new trailer not a bent to fit or rewelded one. I seceretly marked the trailer. How much you want to bet I get the same one back?

This whole deal is the store joke. Most of my fellow BPS employees are very supportive of me. Some are giving me the yuk yuk big time.

Soooooo call me you m&*her &%^%ers and get any earfull.

Fatrap

Geez. I'm complaining about an annoying phone call, and here you have a genuine complaint. Sorry to know it, Mike.

I know it could be worse but how do you replace two months of fishing? Nuff said.

fatrap

'Rap,.......when u "finally" get it back...sell it and buy JR's Ranger620,.....problem(s) solved!! (well.....except for the lost fishing time!!)

Uh...been there,done that!:wacko:

Only I wound up with a new rig!:p

Don't ask me anything about Tracker CS, surveys,quality,etc. etc. etc.

ARE YOU LISTENING TRACKER?

(and the duma$$e$ wonder why they get a bad rap):lol:

Mac

If I had a dollar for everytime I've said that I have Jr.'s Ranger paid for. I do like the Tundra but I do NEED a trailer that I can trust to get it where it will do me some good.

OH. and Mac I did see some pheasants running down the gravel road up from my house the other Sunday.

fatrap

These rants seem oh so familiar...I feel for you Fatrap...been through exactly what your going through.

The only person who ever truly helped me out when I had my boat issues was Neeley....AND THEY LET HIM GO....!!!

They truly don't care about customer service or satisfaction...just the almighty dollar.

Smitty, the almighty dollar is what they are supposed to care about. That part is ok. What we need them to realize is that taking care of the customer is a very good way to care about the almighty dollar.

Fatrap...sorry to hear about your trailer issue, but I had the same problem with my Tundra 18 and it took 5 minutes of my time to adjust the bolts and align it to go on centered. I also found when loading if I drive the boat up on the bunks and leave the last foot to crank up it would center every time.

-s

I got that exact same call a month or two ago...probably the same kid. I could tell he didn't know apples from anchors about boats or bass fishing but I didn't mind that so much. Then he got around to the subject of the extended warranty...when I told him I already had it, he got off the phone pretty fast.

I didn' t mind too much. Having been in sales all my life I was more intriged in the interesting new prospecting technique. At least the kid sounded like he was calling from somewhere in North America.

Sheldon

I tried seven ways to Sunday to get my boat to center. The bunks are just off. I had six guys at the boat ramp lift the bow onto the right place on the roller and it was still allmost off the center point when I got home despite being cranked down very tight. The measurements made by the dealer shows the bunks one half to a inch off all the way down the right side.

We have another Tundra on the show floor thats the same way. Our GM pitched a fit but so far nothings happened. I just got off the phone with Customer Service from Tracker in Missouri. They said they'd be getting back to me later this morning. I'm not holding my breath.

fatrap

If you don't get any movement pretty soon I'd start thinking about a lawer. Even if you don't have one the threat may generate some movement. I can't believe I said that..... They've had your money going on 8 weeks....

My quail hunting buddy is a lawyer. I don't really want to do that as I work for BPS. Right now it's 3pm and no call back from 8:15 am this morning. I guess I'll be shooting this weekend instead of fishing.

fatrap:angry:

Latest posts

Back