Sun Tracker Promise ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin Smith

Reaction score
i just purchased anew 2011 Tracker classic party barge 24, i was told it comes standard with a mooring cover, also states that in brochure.. however when i picked up the boat yesterday 8/8/2011, i was told they dont come with covers. i was told to call tracker directly, i called them this morning and was told by rude operator that tracker is not honoring the standard covers any longer. so, why was i told it comes with one ?, why was i given a brochure that states it comes standard with color matched mooring cover. i feel im being cheated

I would have said, here is my check for the boat however, the reason there is no signature on the check is because I am no longer honoring my signature... Getting really tired of these companies getting a person to buy from them with all the extra's to get you in their store in the first place and then when the deal is complete they pull the rug, and in this case, the standard cover, out from under you..:angry:

Max

What did the person say? The one who originally told you it came with a cover?

Brochures {and the contents within} are always "subject to change" and is clearly printed on EVERY brochure. Sounds to me like the selling Dealer did not check before committing to the Consumer. We've been guilty of this on occasion, and it is up to the Dealer to resolve it. On the flip side.... when a new promo comes out, [like a give-away] it obviously cannot be part of the already-printed brochure, and it becomes a joint effort with the Dealers to "promote" it. No one complains when they get a "freebe"....who would!!! LOL. False advertising? Never seen it. ;)

Tee...wanna arm wrestle??? :blink:

I would like to know which dealer this involves. If the dealer said you were going to get a cover you should get a cover... If I tell one of my customers they are going to get something they get it... I do not know any other way to do business. If there is a communication error/problem it is betwseen the dealer and Tracker.

Subject to change... "no motor" yeah well "chit happens" "Subject to change" covers decals, cosmetic stuff not standard equipment or features. Promotional "deals" are just that time limited and that is or should be in all printed communication.

This strikes me as "bait and switch" morfe than "change" covered by the clause.

It's a joke Bob...lighten up:huh:

Arm wrestle? I hold my own for a lil' ****:lol:

BTW...it did happen to me but, I got mine and then some;)

Piasano!

Like anything in life, you need to get it in writing. But I would still have a conversation with the Store Manager.....he may be able to do a customer appeasement. Maybe a nice little gift card to the store equal to the same amount of a cover. I would settle for nothing less

Agree Mini...The Manager was about the only one the would work with me. I wound up with 2 life jackets AND a gift certificate;)

Along these lines....somewhat. I'm going to have a "discussion" today with a certain store owner who sold my Dad his THIRD Z-turn mower in TWO YEARS! WTF? you ask? Dad happens to be 93 yrs old, and has problems with short-term memory. Monday while I was in ATL on business, Dad decides he's gonna mow the lawn. Now, in a pinch, he could've done it, but he really has no busines trying. Anyhow, he couldn't get it started (it ran great last week when I used it), so he called this guy to come get it and bring him a new one. ($5-$6K a shot)Problem is, the one he had was just purchased(under similar circumstances)last fall, and carries a 3yr/240hr warranty! I'm pissed!!!!

Now some of you would say the store owner was within his rights to sell a new mower, and I'll agree to an extent. But had it been me talking to your 93 yr old Dad, I would have said, "Mr. ?' this mower is still under warranty. While don't I come get it and "fix" it so you can save about 6 grand? Especially since you've probably just run the battery down, or thrown a drive belt."

Remember guys, I live in a very small town.

Also a tip for those of you who haven't already figured it out............ "word of mouth" advertising is probably the most common form, and extremely effective. Bad publicity is like a cancer; it grows over time, and the more a story is told by different people, the more convoluted it can become. So if word gets out you're screwing a customer(s), it may not ruin your business right away, but it will cost you in the long run.

thanks for letting me vent.

Latest posts

Back