Suffix Braid vs Power Pro Braid

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Corson

Reaction score
Was just wondering everyones take on both these Braided lines. I am using 30 Lb test Suffix Braid. Just started using it, before I was using Stren Sonic Braid and was breaking it way easier than I thought it should. I was reading and noticed someplace said to use around 60 Lb test Power Pro Braid, as its about same diameter as 12 Lb test mono. Should I up the size of the suffix to around 60 Lb test too? Is Power pro Braid any better than Suffix Braid? The Suffix seems a bit stiff in consistency vs the Stren. I use Baitcasters 100% of the time. I have not had any breaking yet on the Suffix. Any pros & cons would be appreciated.

in my opinion you cant go wrong with power pro, Its the only braided line i use. Good price, good quality,great performance.I tried suffix a oouple of times and both times i took it off after one day of fishing, lots of wrapping around the tip and just bad performance. go with the power pro

Wow, you broke some braided line? I use braid for tugging in large Red Fish and Stripers and have never broken any braided line. I have snapped Fluro on everything. I do use Power Pro 40 lb braid...

NJD

I agree with Dan, I had some Suffix braid and gave it away, I only use Power Pro, Have had no problems with it. I use 30# on everything but my frog rod and I use 50# on that.

Using superlines, purchase them based on their diameter not their rated strength--basically don't be afraid of their strength. Use them accordingly. The smaller diameters have the least shock strength.

I use power pro and like the performance. I use 65 lb for flipping and frogging. I also use 50 lb for muskies. For jerkbaits and finesse I run 30 lb with fluoro leader. I also run 4 lb braid for crappies. Use the lightest line without breaking you can. Hope this helps.

I am strictly a Bass fisherman. I only use Baitcasters with 7' rods. Jerkbaits and etc, I use monofilament with a fluoro leader. Other than that, I use 30 Lb suffix braid. Just started using Suffix this season. The Power Pro appears to be a bit thinner diameter, as 65 Lb test Power pro is equivalent to 12 Lb mono. I guess I am not sure whether to stay with Suffix for this season and give it a chance to prove itself or change to 30 Lb Power Pro. I believe PP & Suffix braids (same Lb test)are very close to the same diameter. I fish frogs, senkos, jerkbaits, crankbaits & topwater baits the majority of the time. I guess I need an all around braided line.

Power Pro will absorb some moisture so it isn't good to use when the temps get down below freezing. Us walleye guys do fish in the cold alot!:eek:

Bought a spool of Power Pro 50 Lb test (12 Lb diameter)and spooled 1 rod set up with it to try it. Want to see if I like it better than the Suffix or not.

You can't use braid for everything even with a fluro leader. I would never throw it with a senko. I use braid for specific applications. Topwater, flipping, punching mats, dragging on St Clair, etc. I was catching 4lb smallies on 6lb mono dropshotting last week. ;)

You can use braid for everything even without a fluro leader. I would never throw a senko. I use braid for specific applications. Topwater, flipping, punching mats, dragging old cars, etc. I was catching 11lb largemouth on 65lb braid frogging last week. ;)

:lol: ;) :D

:lol::lol::lol: - Couldn't resist Tox!

For the record, Toxic's original advice is very good to take heed in most all situations. :cool:

I throw Senkos on Power Pro braid all of the time!!

All I ever throw Senkos on is BRAID. Tied direct. No leader.

Okay, Im was using Sonic Braid because it came in Clear/Blue Flourescent. I've been told Stren has discontinued that. Does the Power braid come in CBF?

Latest posts

Back