strange lures

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan jones

Reaction score
i'm writing this because of one of the responces to carli's post about them worms.(the budwiser can lure)there is a smallmouth lake near me and 1 day i decided to use a "joe camel" lure sombody gave me.it is a lot like a torpedo. i caught quite a few smallies on it. nothing giant but i had a lot of fun with it. it has good color and nice action. anybody got any good odd lure stories? thanks stan

Caught a bunch of smallmouth and goggleye that were bedding on Bull Creek about 10 miles south of Branson, MO one time. Ran out of live worms and couldn't find any crawfish so I cut a piece of my dark green shirt and put it on a bare hook. The creek is extremely clear so I could put the hook on their beds. They would carry it off their nest and spit it out. Had to be fast and pay attention in order to get them. Don't know if they thought it was alive or just keeping their nest clean.

Jim

Let's recap,

Helicopter lure

Banjo Minnow

Flying lure

True motion shiner

Walking worm

Now theres a dragon fly lure that floats 2" above the water....did I miss any? All gimmicks. Never seen a tourney won on any of them, but as with any bait, if the conditions are right, fish will bite them. My proposal is let's all brainstorm and devise our own patented gimmick lure and let Rich market it on a site. We can even do a late night infomercial and have Ken as our spokesperson, since he needs the exposure for the upcoming election! So half of you develop the bait, and the other half come up with some slogans, jingles, and an infomercial for Ken to do. This should be good. We'll make millions!!!!! 901's for everybody! I know, "these baits are SOOOOOO good, even Scott can catch fish with them!" Sorry Scott, had to do it little dog! But I know you can take it.

Rob:

Here's my brainstormin' contribution . . . . the Ken Neeley Presidential Special!
beerbait.jpg

To answer Stan's question, I caught a nice smallie on The Flyin' Luuur once, and one medium largemouth. The best odd-lure story is that I once manufactured a homemade spinner out of a number 8 Eagle Claw hook, two small split shots and a piece of aluminum foil. Caught two trout on it before the foil was torn away from the line.

MO

I like the lure, but the bottle would not be full for long!!!

Then it would double as a top water, as it would be more bouyant! I luv it! When do we begin production? Neeley, how many can you drink a day? We'll put you on the top water line. Let's see an assembly line where you HAVE to sit there and drink Coronas as fast as they come to you. Yeah, we don't need to pay Ken! LOL

Love the idea Rob! Who is going to be resposible for what? Let's get on this so we can spend our bucks for the upcoming season!

Barb

just imagine the scent trails you could leave if you turned it around! those florida strain bass would go nuts for corona flavored bait!

But I guess with the crowd we have here....that would be alcohol abuse!

Mini

Whew, you had me worried for a second there Mini with opening about scent trails! LOL We ain't in the fish attractant binis yet!

I'd use a down-side sweeping/popping motion to get the bottle to dive a bit. That would tilt it enough to let some of the contents flow over the lime and out the front, leaving the scent trail behind.

My only concern is that the duct tape won't be strong enough to hold the hooks on to the body. Someone will have to figure out a better way of attaching them.

My other "gimmick" lure consists of a split ring, a stereo, some two-strand wire, a couple of big, thundering speakers and three big treble hooks. You cast them overboard and hit a button, and the bass hear,

"HERE, FISHY, FISHY, FISHY FISH!!!!!"

They get curious, then P.O.'d, then attack the speakers and get impaled on the hooks.

You've had a lot of time to think about this haven't you MO? LOL

Hey!! Back off, Pal!!! :^)! It's FINALLY SPRING!!!!

No more stinkin' poems, yeah!

No more stinkin' poems, hey!

No more stinkin' poems from me

'Cause I'm goin' fish-IN!

(Now, if only I can remember what dem bassus luv, I'll be set!)

Thanks, Ken! I just knew you'd come through.

7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, boat and truck, my brother-in-law, gear, clothes and me are off to Lake of the Ozarks (Niangua branch) for FOUR GLORIOUS DAYS of spring crappie and bass fishing!

You cannot believe how excited I am. This lake is the REASON my wife okay'd buying the boat. Big water. Big Waves. Potentially lots of big fish. Long runs morning and evening at high speed. Everything is packed - has been for three days - and I'm buckin' at the gate. I'd leave right now but my fire-fightin' brother-in-law has duty until early tomorrow morning.

You've given me something to occupy my thoughts for the next several hours: what sparkles should I go out and buy to maximize my return on the water?

Thanks!!!!!

How about chrome/blue, and chrome/red Smithwick suspending Rogues! Are dey sparklie ENOUGH?

OK MO, ONE MORE TIME...

Get the BGSTTTBDSHGITDPCTSB!!!!!

HEY!?!?!?!? Can someone go get that????

I tried, but it went right over my head!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

BUBBLEGUMSPARKLETRIPLETURBOTWISTERBLADEDDOUBLESKIRTEDHOLLOWGRAPHICGLOWINTHEDARKPLUTONIUMCOATEDTITANIUMSPINNERBAIT

...don't forget the fish-in-rut scent impregnated skirts.

See? This has the potential to become the Ronco of the fishing world!

I like where we're headed with this....but wait, there's more! Be one of the first 1 million callers and get a free presidential C&L crankbait! For fish in rut scent, all we gotta due is rub Scott on 'em as they leave the assembly line and we're golden! And they can ONLY be offered on this one time special TV offer, that is until they turn up at Wal-Mart and BPS in 50 pc kits for only 743 easy monthly installments of $9.95 each, (+ S&H) WHEN do we begin?

Latest posts

Back