St Croix Rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
Well guys I broke my St Croix Mojo Bass Rod. ;) When I pulled it out of my rod locker I found the tip sticking through the rod sock. I sent in the rod for warranty evaluation yesterday so looking forward to raving about their service. Stay tuned!

I've returned St. Croix rods. They were, and hopefully still are, a great company to deal with.

Well...after being honest with St. Croix about my rod breaking in the rod locker, they sent me a reply today. They will give me 'special pricing' on a new rod. $70 for the same rod. Well, that's kind of insulting given the rod wasy $89 when I bought it and if I had lied and said the tip broke setting a hook, they probably would have given me a new one. I think I might just tell them 'no thanks' and get a Cabelas rod with a lifetime warranty.

I am not very happy and sent an e-mail to the local Gander Mountain where I bought the rod to see if they can do anything.:angry:

Not to be a smart alec but.........you broke it and if the rod does not have a lifetime, "no fault" replacement policy, they don't have to do anything. GLoomis does but you pay for that upfront in the rod price.

Kudos to you for being honest. If more were, rods would be more reasonable.

TOXIC

Tox...insulting might not be the right word....you are correct, it is not covered under warranty. The truth will oftern pay off more than a lie so I'm stikin' to it.

Latest posts

Back