Spring Fishing Secrets Revealed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, I'm getting pretty old. So it's time I revealed the BEST way to catch bass in eastern NC in April and May. (sometimes early June and late March). Put 'em right back in the water, close to where you caught 'em and they'll be fine.

Zoom 6" Watermellon/Seed Lizard rigged on a 3/0 Owner hook - weightless . Sorry but you'll have to use 8# or 6# florocarbon. Use a quality spinning reel with an excellent drag, a fast 6-7' m/h rod and adjust the reel drag "tight with some give". You'll catch some fiesty males but you'll also get the occasional rod busting mama-san. Let it sink on slack line as long as you can stand it and then bump your rod with your hand. This will work everytime, everywhere during the months I mentioned. The hard part is being quiet, getting close, and getting a good cast with the weightless Zoom lizard. Don't try to deviate from this set up. I've tried everything under the sun .... this is the ONLY combination that works 100%.

You're welcome.

We did basically the same on a tidal river in lower VA. Even in late Aug. and later, 4 inch slider worm, light line, and skip up under the overhangs. As I taught my wife, let it set with slack line for at least a 30 count and keep an eve on the line. She set the kook one time and then looked at me as said, "I'm hung up, O O O it moving".

cq

I have not been anywhere in the USA that a Senko on light line Texas Rigged won't catch a fish......but I have yet to fish Kentucky so anythings possible!!:D

Going fishing Joe Wheeler lake this weekend around Rogersville, AL near the dam.

Gonna try that in GA this spring. Thanks, Gary.

I've got to agree with Scott Hammer/Toxic .... only thing is - I won't fish a Senko until they start moving off the beds (5-8') ... and that could be any time - depending on weather, water clarity, etc. SECRET #2 .... 6" Senko (any dark color), rigged "wacky", not Tex posed or Tex rigged. Use a quality circle hook .... let the Senko go ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM ON SLACK LINE. Again bump the butt of your rod two or three times. Wait. ..... and weigh in.

It will work in Georgia also. I love to fish Lizards and in the Watermelon/seed color. Other colors will work but the Watermelon/seed is the best to me also.

Latest posts

Back