Spinner Baits

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
I thought I had hooked a whopper in last Fridays Anglers Choice tournament, well it was a whopper, but a 10 to 12 catfish instead of a bass, on a white spinnerbait....?

It destroyed the lure.

BF

One of the biggest fish I ever caught was a catfish on a Chatterbait. Sucker must have weighed 15 pounds. I also caught cats on crankbaits too.

If you have a few spinner baits you want to "tune" like this you can slow roll them by the wood in Arkendale and hook as many blues/channels as you want.:)

Caught almost as many NICE walleye this year with a spinner as I did smallies;)

Amazing what they will catch.:cool:

I was fishing the Mississippi river here in Memphis and my partner and I caught four cats on spinnerbaits. The wierdest was the last one I caught, when I hooked him he fought hard for a couple seconds and then jumped out of the water like a bass. It was a blue cat about 4-5 pounds that went a good two foot out of the water.

I was throwing a white spinnerbait in Lake michigan for smallies last weekend and caught a huge King Salmon! Quite the surprise and it also destroyed the spinnerbait, those things can pull!

Try hooking into these 10 lb + bowfins here in Florida. They leave your terminator titanium spinnerbait in 5 pieces right out of the package. Kinda sucks.

I got the biggest Rainbow Trout i have ever caught on a spinnerbait of all things. They do work, there is no doubt about it.

I had a brownie break a Strike King in two pieces this past spring!

I need to modify the bend in the wires somehow...a 5 pound smallmouth will pull as hard as anything. And after a few toads and bending them back...well all I can say...NO NO!

:eek:

Earlier this year was using a Chart/white buzzbait alongside a grassbed in the Mattawoman and hooked a 12 lb. Carp! The thing exploded out of the water and destroyed the lure, never seen anything like it.

Here I am reading up on spinnerbaits.... You guys catch all kinds of stuff with them not even trying. I think the spinnerbait is one of the most popular lures that I have NEVER caught a dang thing on one. I can fish it fast, slow, deep, shallow....all the same result....NOTHING! Is there some "Spinnerbait for Dummies" book that I need to read. They are about as good to me as toilet paper in the woods on a rainy day.:p

HA!!!!

Shoot Teri, to be honest MAKE yourself throw them.....

Sorry I could nto help answer your question on the book thing though.

Maybe at the MVM we can get a seminar from Mini or Hammer????

AHEM...remember oh mighty Marine. I wont be there.

I love throwing spinnerbaits. If fact, I find myself throwing a spinnerbait long after the conditions have changed and I should have gone to something else.

As long as there is a little breeze that causes some surface ripple and there is a little color to the water, I'll throw them all day long.

Roy

I really didn't start throwing them until I got some of the Yamamoto ones. I will now!! The yamamoto's are great and I have caught a few on them.;););)

TOXIC

Mini,

Nuts..I forgot......btw that sucks! But, good thing we did set it up for then, otherwise I would not have made it up there this year.

I have a 2 week Okinawa trip, 2 seperate trips to the UK and 2 trips (right now) to the West coast before the end of June.....

Travellin Man!

I will bet you wont forget when you get here and you want to fish something different!

I will remember you won't be there because I don't think I'll have a spot in a boat now. I also can't fail to mention no crab legs. Those were the bomb! :( There's always next year. ;)

I can get you the crab legs if you guys want. Or this year you can do lobster tails or PRAWN shrimp. Up to you.

Alos there is an outside chance that my boat will be available for yall to use. I still have to figure out the logistics for th etournies I am hitting that week. I think I will be fishing 5 in a 7 day period. I know 3 of them we will be using a Nitro (for the bonus bucks).

Time will tell as we get closer

Latest posts

Back