Spinner bait rod

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I'm going to replace my old 20 yr old BPS gold presentation rod that I use to throw spinnerbaits and buzzbaits with. It has a pistol grip(remember those). Can't find anything close to it in our BPS store.

What's a good one (BPS) to throw old buzzy with? Everyone throwing a trigger rod now?

fatrap

I still throw pistol grips for spinners and buzzes.

Tourny Special or Bionic Blades are what I have...(2) 5 1/2 ft's and (1) 6 ftr.

I do throw heavier baits 3/4 to 1 oz lures on triggers.

I still use a pistol grip too. I have two St Crpix premier 5'6" pistol grips. They are great for spinnerbaits and topwaters.

I use a 6'6" MH All Star rod, and love it, for both buzzbaits and spinnerbaits - TAS786C. AllStar classifies it as a "worm rod", but I like it better than their spinnerbait 1 (TAS765C - 6'4" Medium action), or spinnerbait 2 (TAS806C - 6'8" MH action) rods. It's right between those two actions, and fits the bill perfectly.

All the best,

Glenn

I've used a Falcon LFC-164 Spinnerbait Special which is a 6'4" med/hvy. It's my favorite rod. It's so accurate I can give a gnat a vasectomy from 35' and still sit a spinnerbait down in front of a log without a splash :D;) . I can't think of a better spinnerbait rod especially for only a little over 100 bucks. I caught a 16 1/2 incher on a buzzbait with mine just this past weekend.

I have quite a few St Croix rods and some good older AllStars,and some Shimano's mixed in with some others,but my buzzbait and spinnerbait rods are old Shakespear Classic 6'6" and the 6'6" Synergy.Plenty of backbone,light,accurate and a nice tip,you feel every thing going on with the blades and baits.And I seem to get more hookups,when other guys get short strikes,the tip is softer and the bait is inhaled a bit easier I think.And they are cheap,about 20-24$,.My jign & wormin rods are all St Croix Avids,and Allstar.

- BPS Extreme Spinnerbait Rod (says spinnerbait on the side of it)

- BPS Rick Clunn Top water rod

Pistol is the way to go when "target" fishin'...I'm like a machine with a rollcast:D

Thanx

I didn't even see a pistol grip in our line up at the store. I'll go there after work tonight and see whats up at the risk of being put to work.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back