Spawn NH

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if the spawn is on up on Winnisqam in NH?

Thanks - Dan

I haven't checked yet but I imagine it hasn't gotten fully underway based on how the spawn is in MA. It usually follows after the MA spawn. We typically hit Winnisquam at the beginning of May although I am skipping Winnisquam for Newfound Lake this year. If you go, let us know how it is. Bill, the MadKayaker

Bill,

Thanks for the update. I was on the Nashua River last weekend and the water temp was 53 degrees on Saturday where it went to 59 degrees on Sunday. I will post updates in the event I decide to go Saturday.

Cheers

Dan

Its still early, I was on Massy two weeks ago and found 48f water.

I plan to fish this Saturday. Weather will determin where i go. I will post water temps when i get back.

Bill,

Newfound ussually follows Winnisquam by a week or so. lets do both!

GregD

Hey Greg - okay, I'll do both although I think Newfound is holding the bigger smallies now and I'm kinda tired of Winnisquam - it seemed like the average size last year was on.y about 2lbs and we were recycling them more often.

Let me know when you are planning on heading up!

JimB - are you going up this year? Bill, the MadKayaker

Can you suggest several good spots on Newfound? Have only fished it twice during the summer.

Thanks

Dan

Bill,

i started fishing the spawn at Newfound about 5 yrs ago. My largest so far is 5lbs. It has become my favorite lake right through the summer. There are quite a few smallies in that lake. It can be difficult to find them in the heat of August. But when you do you will be rewarded with some nice fish.

I am planning to get out on Newfound this Saturday. More to run the boat but i will be sure to wet a line.

Lets make some plans to meet up once the water starts to cooperate.

You are more than welcome to join me on Newfound for the spawn in the new rig!

GregD

Dan - are you talking about during the spawn? There are a few key places for the larger smallies but you can find them all over in the shallower flat areas. I'm sure one of us (Greg, Jim or me) will post the day we are going up and you or anyone else can meet us there.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Hey Guys,

So here is the skinny on Newfound. water temps 48f on the south side of the lake and 51f north,

Hooked and lost at the boat a nice 3lb+ smallie on a baby minus 1.

Saw only one cruiser when the sun came out around 10:00. Worked 10/15' range around the cove across from the ramp. Moved north and fished the transition at the end of the lake. Saw some fish breaking the surface in 12' range, but no hook ups. Moved over to small island with the little blue cottage and managed 2 .2/2Lbs on blk gld 4" slugos. Those were freekin cold when i pulled them out of the water. Got off the water by 12:45and back home by 3:00.

Not a bad day at all for April 21st.

GregD

Dan,

Sorry i missed you. I was at the ramp at approx 7:45-8:00. Looked for you on the water not sure where you were fishing.

Latest posts

Back