So I Have A Nitro 700 Lx 2002 Model And I Was Considering Repowering.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bypass

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a Yamaha 115 SHO 4 stroke on the boat. My question is do you guys think the transom will hold the weight of the heavier engine? Right now it has a Mercury 60 on it
IMG_3221.JPG

If you are concerned about the weight from a 60 to a 115 or max transom structure call mercury/tracker marine. Those boats came normally with a 90hp, why would it have a 60? Most 4s are getting lighter and lighter.

Per NADA, a 60hp 2002 dry weight is 219 pounds and a 115hp 2014 dry weight is 375 pounds dry weight. This for Mercury. The Yamaha is 412 pounds dry weight.

I see a lot of those with 115ELPTOs which was Mercury's inline 4 cylinder. They weighed in a 350 pounds. You'd be fine with just about any 115. The SHO you mention lists 377. A Mercury 115 ProXS or 4Stroke is about the same. Go for it. Realize though that you will have to swap out most of your boats rigging and several gauges too if you go with a Yamaha.

RH

Right on, thanks for the helpful comments guys. Still saving up to get this done. Will post pics when I get her together. :)

Reactions: cq

Latest posts

Back