Snow :(

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
Well, we have snow here in Western Kansas, it canceled our last fishing trip of the season. Time to start winterizing the boat and get ready for the upland bird season. Chris F.

Yep - I woke up to a winter scene here in CO this morning as well. I suspect I have a couple more shots to get the boat out before old man winter settles in.

Normally, "winterize" means switching from Bud Light to Bud. I think we are in for a snowy winter this year in CO. Had two snows already and it is not even Halloween!

Normally, "winterize" means switching from Bud Light to Bud. I think we are in for a snowy winter this year in CO. Had two snows already and it is not even Halloween!

I hope we have a good cold winter this year in Atlanta, the last couple have been moderate and the bugs are getting out of control.

When I was stationed in North Dakota I've seen enough snow to last me a lifetime. Being from Louisiana we rarely get snow. Don't miss it at all.
Barry.

I resemble that remark Barry. We haven't seen snow yet this year. o_O

I don't know ND Bass. The year I was stationed there it started snowing Halloween night and didn't stop until sometime in March. If fact my wife and I took a weekend trip in May to Winnepeg and it snowed that Saturday. LOL
Barry

You can blame me for the snow. We were heading back to South Carolina from Ely, NV and stayed over night in Limon. Woke up to three inches of the white stuff. I was glad the roads were still too warm for the stuff to stick, just delayed us a little bit.

SevenPin

Barry, please don't wake Mother Nature. So far, she's been kind. Don't get my wrong, we will have plenty of snow soon. If anyone needs training on snow removal or winter survival, I can run a conference with food and lodging included. Activities will include multiple opportunities to use a shovel and lean how to use a snowblower. If cold enough you will learn how to throw hot water into the air where it explodes into powder. Also, defensive driving with several inches of snow and how to dodge people who don't have a 4x4. Oh, and how to pull someone out of the ditch. I'm taking reservations and am open to trades for similar activities in warm climates.

Been there, done that. The first thing they taught us at Grand Forks AFB was how to drive and survive in the snow. I lived about 20 miles away in the city of Grand Forks, so I had a daily drive. It's not that I don't like snow, but after so many months of being freaking COLD, I was ready for someplace warm. I do remember one night in late December or early January when the wind chill got down to almost -60*. This southern boy stayed inside. I did like the summer time when the sun stays out till almost 10 pm. The fishing was great. The summers were mild as compared to Louisiana especially the lack of humidity. I'd love go back and visit to show the kids and grandkids what snow is really like. Our little 2 inches we get here every ten years or so is nothing as compared to ya'll! It's pretty when it falls but a mess later. Have fun and stay warm!
Barry from Cajun Country!

Smallmouth bite great in the snow. I am not skeered of a little snow......and ICE!!

Attachments

• 75small.jpg
    75small.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 076small.jpg
    076small.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 218
Is that some sort of new Ice Fishing Technique? Haha. Looks miserable.

It was actually a day I planned on going to the hotside of Lake Anna (nuclear discharge side) and we got a little "dusting" of ice the night before. That's why all of my rods were on deck and my electronics were still hooked up. The roads were not bad (unlike another trip but that is another story altogether) and it was a hoot to watch everything thaw out when I dropped the boat in 60 degree water. Reels were dang cold though, it was like holding on to icesickles!!

Latest posts

Back