Snake Stick

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
Does anyone that fish at night, use any type of gripper pole/stick, to flip snakes back into the water? I have had some try to get into the boat during the day time, but could always move with the trolling motor to prevent them coming onboard.
I do not like guns in the boat, open carry is illegal (this state) and I refuse to get a conceal carry, plus I would hate to have a bullet hole in the boat. Been there and done that, not fun.

Last edited:
Here is where it gets sticky, commission is Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.

33.01 FIREARMS RESTRICTED ON COMMISSION OWNED LAKES AND ACCESS AREAS. 12-07 It shall be unlawful to possess any firearms on lakes owned or controlled by the Commission, or to possess firearms in any fishing or boating access area.

EXCEPTIONS:

(1) While legally hunting waterfowl on lakes open to waterfowl hunting.

(2) Firearms unloaded and cased may be transported by boat on Game and Fish lakes and access areas during an open hunting season.

(3) While legally hunting alligators compliant with Commission Code 02.23 (Alligator Hunting Season) and 26.02 (Restrictions on Methods of Taking Alligator).

(4) Holders of a valid state-issued concealed handgun license recognized and honored by the State of Arkansas in accordance with Arkansas Code Title 5, Chapter 73, Subchapter 3, may possess the handgun covered by the license, except in places where otherwise prohibited under federal, state or local law or where disallowed by a landowner in accordance with applicable law. Nothing in this exception is intended to supersede or limit the regulations of any federal, state or local authorities that prohibit the possession of concealed handguns on their property, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Forest Service, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the National Park Service.

PENALTY: $100.00 to $1,000.00.

I know what pistol holes look like in the bottom of a boat, I can imagine what a shotgun hole would look like.

We have open carry in Oklahoma and I think this is one of the worst law ever. A person using open carry is asking for trouble. They think that they are king and just wanting to shoot something. I do have a conceal carry and no one knows when I have a gun on me or when I don't. If you obey all the laws that go along with the license you will stay out of trouble. I go to several places that could bring trouble with it. My son is a police officer and a lot of people know where I live. I have worked with the OKC police in the past and you never know when someone you helped get arrested will be looking for you. Open carry is just asking for trouble.

We have open carry in Oklahoma and I think this is one of the worst law ever. A person using open carry is asking for trouble. They think that they are king and just wanting to shoot something. I do have a conceal carry and no one knows when I have a gun on me or when I don't. If you obey all the laws that go along with the license you will stay out of trouble. I go to several places that could bring trouble with it. My son is a police officer and a lot of people know where I live. I have worked with the OKC police in the past and you never know when someone you helped get arrested will be looking for you. Open carry is just asking for trouble.
I couldn't agree more, open carry is asking for trouble. I sure get a good laugh, when I see it.

One of the problems with Conceal Carry in rural areas, and this happened to us, the local LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, you get stopped your tag is flagged for conceal carry. Officer "Where is the gun?" Driver "It is at home." Now we all have to get out of the truck and have a search done to prove that we were telling the truth. We did not get a ticket or warning due to the fact that we stopped for crossing over the center yellow line a couple of times while pulling a trailer back from the hunt lease. We went down to set up a new box stand. Now understand that it was a curvy hilly road.
We presented all the correct paper work, but he searched the truck anyway. Guess what? No Gun!!!!

I haven't had any trouble yet. If you are not carrying your gun on you you do not have to tell them that you have a conceal carry. I am not sure if you get flagged in OK. for having one. I have told several Okc officers that I have one and they just ask where it is at and they will ask to take it out of the car themselves. Not sure about other states. I know New Mexico did not flag my tag and only got the gun out and checked it out.

Latest posts

Back