ski pylon

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob lodewijks

Reaction score
how does the ski pylon on a 2001 175 sport work ?

i don't have and want to make one .

is the hole for the chair also for the pylon?and is it strong enough.

I have the same boat and yes, the hole for the seat pedestal is the same hole to use. Two legs (swivel) from it and also go to the back to support.

I don't think I used mine that came with the boat but one time to tow a stranded boater in.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll put it in and take a pic of it to post here.

Careful dog, that pylon setup is not rated for a lot of weight. I wouldn't tow with it. I use the transom tie downs to tow. Also neaver use the cleats unless it is a jetski size tow.

TOXIC

Bobby,

The pics of the ski pylon are now in my library. They should show you all you need to know.

TOXIC,

I was very careful when I did that. It was a fairly small boat. Also, I used the pylon to keep the tow rope well away from the prop when I slowed. Worked like a charm as I recall. But, my friend I hear what you're saying.

Thanks . very nice boat you have .

Does tracker still sells this type? Or any aftermarket.

Bobby, I have no idea if they do. That boat (175), was only made for a couple of years and after that only the larger was made. They would be size specific, so you'd need to find the one for your boat.

p.s. I don't work until Tuesday (Cinci. BPS), but I'll ask the boat guys if it is available.

Latest posts

Back