Sig Sauer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I've been wanting a 10 round or larger capacity 45 ACP. Never mind I have a stable of Colt 1911's. Went to a gun show Sunday with the money I earned Saturday judging gymnastics. I no longer have the gymnastics money but own a brand new Sig Sauer P227 in.....you guessed it. 45 acp. They have a 14 round mag available to which I'm now looking to buy. It came with two ten rounders. It now sits next to my Sig P226 MK 25 Navy in 9mm.
NOW this is it. No more pistols, no more rifles not even a sling shot. I have enough! I can't conceive of needing another firearm.......that is after I find out what I'm going to build on my Rock River AR15 stripped lower receiver. Was kind of thinking 7.62 x 39 or .300 Blackout.

fatrap

Last edited:
I'd definitely go .300 AAC Blackout between those two calibers. The 7.62x39 will be cheaper to shoot, and the ammo will be more readily available, but read up on how problematic 7.62x39 is in a AR (mostly feed problems). Some people have got it whipped, but I still don't like it. I've never owned one though, so that might change one day. :)

I have AR's in .223 Wylde and .300 AAC. Love them both. My next will probably be a 6.5 Grendel. I thought about 6.8SPC, but I already have two firearms chambered in that already, so I want something different too. Whatever you go with, I hope you enjoy it!

All the best,
Glenn

Wow...didn't know about that Glen. I'd better do my homework on the AK round in an AR. Just thought it'd be kind of cute. I heard that the AAC uses a 5.56 case opened up to fit the .308 or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Thanks for the info.
fatrap

If making brass from .223 (that's what I use), the case for the AAC is cut a little shorter than where the neck on the .223 starts, and then that resulting brass is necked down to .308 cal. Here is one of my recent reloads (125 grain Sierra ProHunter, for a O.A.L. of 2.061") beside a factory Winchester .223 with a 55 grain bullet at an average of 2.215" O.A.L.

photo1-5_zps19f2a65f.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a die or tool for converting the brass? I have an extreme amount of .223 brass.

fatrap

I bought already converted brass a long time ago, but I will eventually get the jig for a Harbor Freight chop saw and just make my own like this guy does: . I've already got the .300 AAC BLK dies.

I have a lot of .223 laying around as well.

All the best,
Glenn

Latest posts

Back