Sig P938 comments

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Just traded in my LC9 for a Sig P938. I couldn't abide the trigger pull on the Ruger. Swapped out the Rosewood grips on the Sig for Hogue Rubber grips and ..... man alive ... what a nice carry piece! Any of you guys got one of these things yet?

I am very impressed with the quality of all of the Sig pistols I have handled/shot. However, I am looking for as lightweight carry pistol as possible; and, I find the Sigs heavier than I want. They do shoot well, reliably and accurate in my experience.

I've been carrying my Sig Sauer P238 in 380 for over a year. Very accurate great trigger, nite sights and fits in my blue jean pocket. I handload a Hornady 90 grain JHP and 3.5 grains of Titegroup. Anyone says a .380 or 9mm won't do the "job" you can stand out there and let me try it out on you.

By the way my buddy in Iowa City score me a 8 pound can of Titegroup for $120. I can load all my pistol loads and shotgun.
fatrap

Mike,

How do you feel about no grip safety? Do you carry cocked and locked?

Greg it's basically a Colt Mustang. I carry it with the hammer down and one in the chamber. I do have to thumb back the hammer. I have practiced this both dry runs and at the range and can do it in a blink of the eye. I have a six round mag that I carry with and a extended seven round for the range. I got rid of my Ruger LCP and the Taurus copy of it. The triggers on both and the recoil was a pain. The biggest thing is the accuracy didn't come close to the sig. I do have to clean the pocket lint often but so what. It is pricey compared to the plastic ones but worth in to me. It joins my P226 Mk 25 Navy, the Mosquito in 22 RF and the soon to join the collection P227 in 45 ACP the latest Sig offering. Don't get me wrong I'm still gonna shoot my two 1911 in 45 and the one in 10 mm. Just more to love.

fatrap

I use to carry a Glock 30 and thought I was "safe". After manual of arms and memory training I now feel MUCH safer with my "1911 Style" P938. The trigger can not be pulled with a cocked and locked P938..... period. The safety release is "firm and in place" yet quickly "flicked" off when the ship hits the sand. Double safe actually. I like it.

I'm very impressed with the Sig line of pistols in the "PX38" series. I have two of the P238, one a Nitro and the other a Two-Tone that I carry as a boot carry, a workout carry or a deep conceal carry for when I attend sporting events, concerts, etc. The triggers and smooth action are like butter and they shoot like a pillow! Great guns.

I carried a G30SF for over a year and recently switched to a G19. I personally don't like an external safety, but it's whatever you're comfortable with and train with efficiently and effectively. As long as you're 100% confident that you can draw, manipulate the safety, take aim and accurately place a shot where you need it without thinking, then you're good to go. Personally the less things I have to consider and mitigate, the more likely I survive.

I basically keep one in the chamber of my P238 I can draw and shoot accurately in a couple seconds. I have gone to Winchester personal defense ammo as I found that crimping my reloads made for unreliable primer strikes as the seat a little too deep for a solid primer hit. No worries since and the reload is practice ammo now. No more crimping ANY ammo that seat on the case head. That includes 45 acp and 40 S&W. My MK 25 Navy Sig Sauer doesn't give a hoot what comes out of the mag it shoots everything. Never had a more reliable pistol or accurate.
Mike
fatrap

Safeties...no safeties...cocked...locked...

Why distract yourself with any of that? :)

400px-S%26W642Airweight.jpg

I agree, that's why I carry a G19 and a G26 as backup. The P238's I own are for my wife and for me to carry when I'm in a pair of shorts being active. I'm not a revolver fan for a primary carry as you're limited to 5 or 6 rounds and as history has proven, bad guys come in more than 1 and it takes more than a single bullet often to put someone down.

also why I like my S&W 5946 - just pull the trigger, all 32 times (33 if one already in the chamber which is how I carry) no safety if mag inserted

also why I like my S&W 5946 - just pull the trigger, all 32 times (33 if one already in the chamber which is how I carry) no safety if mag inserted

@AirForce I had the .40 cal model of that Smith. Great gun, just too heavy for EDC in my opinion. Especially with an 32 round extended mag. I've never seen anyone carry a large caliber with an extended mag on themselves, it would nearly be impossible to conceal isnt it?

Latest posts

Back