Shiny....

• Thread starter TOMMY RICH [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/59
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Don't know how these pictures turned out in my library but this was my first time postin' pic's. I don't know how to change the size?

TEE
side view.jpg

Is that your garage our your bedroom? I know you tin guys get attached to your boats but sheesh, puttin a garage door in your bedroom is pretty extreme.

TOXIC

ps, I see a water spot on the underside left rail on the trailer. Oh, wait a minute, I sneezed on the computer, it's just a half digested frito.

TOXIC

Lookin pretty! I wish mine still looked this nice. My decals are peeling off! I'm debating what to do???? Any imput would be helpful.

That is one sharp lookin' boat... TEE mine is now ready since you are done practicing on yours...lol

TEE, Looks great. Bet it looks better than when you pulled it home for the first time!!! I don't live that far away from you. I'm with Greg, I could drop my PT185 off and let you work your "magic" on it also.

How about writing up a summary of what all you did and how long it took?

TEE - I KNOW my 175 has NEVER looked that GOOD!!! Who needs Glass when you have a Tin MIRROR!!!

All I can say is...that was one tough job. I tried the old buffin' method first kinda' like ol' Kinji but, all that did was smear the old oxidation back into the surface. So I had to break out some muscle and a lot of towels. You just have to pick a small area (6"x6") and use the polish liberally and work it HARD but, DON"T let it dry! Wipe it off immedialely with cleaner towels as you go.Keep rubbin' and that shine will come thru. If it's heavily oxidated..I would recommend an acid cleaner first..then polish. It's a lot of work but now it's time for the SARKHIDE! Got it on order as we speak....should be cool. And yeah buddy you won't find that shiny a boat even on Tracker's showroom...they are DULL!

TEE

Yeah look in that "transom" shot... He even has his spare bricks piled up all neat and in rows. I'm surprised that the bricks aren't sorted by color!

Now That is Sharp...Who needs lots of little sparkle when you can blind them with the whole boat..Great job..

BF

Just in case you need a BEFORE picture let me know. I've got one sitting in my driveway. I may never take mine out in public again. Nice job.

Harpo

You guys are not gonna' believe this but, I'm replacing the old rusted mags on my black 94' Silverado and I found some identical to the ones on my trailer. Last summer I also pinstriped the truck red/white to match the trailer. As soon as this weather clears and I get my mags mounted...I'll post afew pic's of the truck & boat. And BTW...thanks guys...it WAS a lot of hard work but, it'll be worth it in the end I think.

Hopefully...I'll see you guys in April at the bash (god willin')...

TEE

Very nice Tee. I have the same boat.How are you going to keep it that shiny?

C.J...go buy you a couple bottles of metal polish from BPS and have you a big POLISHING PARTY with about three or four of your friends. Get about 50 old towels(you'll need em') and a couple cases of beer and shazam! Other than that if you want to do it yourself...better get started now if you want to be done by Spring. It takes alot of effort...

TEE

I hoping my 13 year old son gets himself in enough trouble to recive polishing the boat as the punishment. LOL

Or perhaps the next time the subject of a Playstation 2 comes up...........Huuuummmm?

Harpo

I don't know Harpo...by the time he gets done...his arm's will be bigger than yours!

TEE

What kind of metal polish was it? How much was it? Just wondering if it is cheaper to go that route vs. Mothers aluminum polish.

Thanks

BTW: LOOKS GREAT!!!

Latest posts

Back