She sure doesn't LOOK like a 7 year old boat!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Clean up day on the Nitro today. 65 and sunny all afternoon. Dan came over and helped me put the 12 volt power point up front, used his power washer to clean the carpet and boat, replaced a taillight, took EVERYTHING out of the Nitro and Waxed and Armour Alled her!

Amazing the amount of STUFF you can get in the boat, and I think I only have the compartments about 1/2 full!!

2006 Nitro Waxed March.JPG

MAN Trep loves them Sparkles!!!

march 2006 boat stuff.JPG

hey Trep you want to come to AZ and do the toon before the temp gets 110?:rolleyes:

Is that all you carry in the boat? Know wonder mine lost 6 mph last year???

BF

Trep,

Throw the Armor All away and never buy it again. It will ruin your vinyl/plastics. Get some Mothers "Back to Black"(it works on any color) and never look back.

TOXIC

Concur on that. The Mother's Back-to-Black is great stuff!

Dewey - A bass boat in AZ? you need a off road 4x4 not a boat in the desert!! LOL

Tox - OK where to buy this mother's stuff, or should I look in my mom's suitcase when she gets back on Mon?? LOL

Trep,

Toxic is right. Boat manufacturers state to not use ARMOR ALL as it "eats" the stitching in the seams. Some boat manufacturers are saying to use Pledge for cleaning the vinyl. Much safer and does an overall better job.

Kevin:D

Terpman,

Had the same boat, only single consol, since new in 97. Absolutly loved it. I had the 90 and at times did wish for the 115, but only when I had a partner. When alone the 90 was great, the 115 shuld be sweeeeeeeet. Never had a regret or problem, sold it only becasue I moced to Salter Water and some thing much bigger for the family, 27 ft Sea Ray Sundancer. Not even warm here and I miss my Nitro, have fun.

Trep,

You can find the "Mother's" products at most decent auto parts stores. Found mine at WalMart in the auto section.

Trep come on up and get mine ready to go since you seem so good at it. :lol:

Trep,

How does power washing the carpet work ? Did you use soap in the washer then rinse. I have a pressure washer but never thought about using it on the carpet .

Does anyone else use this method ?

Thanks for any reply.

Mark

I pressure wash my carpet also. Spray it down, then use a shop vac to suck all of the water out of it. Set in sun to dry.

Nice job Trep. My problem is when it's nice enough weather to clean the boat,,I end up going fishing..;) One of these years I'll get her clean though.

Steve

Nice way to store your rods Michaels. See what happens when you go to sparkles. You forget all about fishing.

A not to all about PRESSURE WASHING... If you do it at to high a pressure or hold it to close to the carpet it WILL dissolve the glue that is holding your carpet down. I've seen it happen.

Uncle Billy

Gross and Bill - Yes Dan told me about how to have it NOT that hard pressure. I washed it all down once which got 90% of the mud off, and then still wet sprayed the extra stains with carpet shampoo/spot cleaner, let it soak and sprayed it all down, out in the sun to dry!!

Now I gott get all that STUFF back into the boat!!

Then a few nice WARM days and the 7ft black KeelShield in the garage goes on!

Steve - I agree on the nice days and fishing, this time it was an easy choice, Beka worked all day Sat and the boys did not want to go fishing, so Dan and I worked on the boat, Noah played with his birthday toys and Eli washed his bike. A nice family day at home, Boys only!!

Rick - I went the other way, didn't take up fishing till I was in my mid-20's in Houston, and only fished salt water bays the first 4 years, I used to DROOl at the 18-21ft center consoles (ran a 14ft Jonboat). I would idealy LOVE to live in Central/northern FL so I could have 2 boats (ok a LOT more if I could afford them!! LOL) a nice bass boat my Nitro and a 19ft 150hp powered center console for bay/near shore fishing!!

JDJ - Uh DUDE, you are like just barely NORTH of me, you do NOT have a winter season, you SHOULD be fishing all year!!!LOL Bring that Nitro down here and we'll get her ready and take my boys out with ya and let Eli show you how to fish!!!

Uncle Billy - Hows the back and the meds? Haven't seen you post your morning "medical" report in a while. Don't be a stranger, give me a buzz this week or next on my cell, if you don't have it, just email me, gotta catch up with my MD fishing buddy!

I grew up on the cape and fish salt until I was eighteen and left for the AF. Now I am back and love it.

Back