Shaky Head...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
When you guys are doin' Shaky (floater plastics)...do you just inch it along Shake it in place and move like worm fishin ?

Shaky and Drop Shot will be new for me this year and need to master them.

Look out Mafia !:lol:

I like to feel it land, pick it up, and shake in place 2-4' from bottom. Florocarbon gives me more feel for this. Zoom trick worm and berkley power bait shaky has been my favorite so far.

I like doing this on deeper big tree lay downs also.

Sweeping hookset, usually you just feel the weight or swim off from the fish, very seldom feel a thump.

It is definantly worth spending some time at learning. In the right place the fish we teach you the rest. Have fun, I know I have getting to know it. Clark

I'm with you Tee, just starting to use them, the few times I've used them I was fishing them like a T-rig, dragging and bouncing it back. Funny, at WalMart last night, bumped into a new buddy on our local lake in the clearance section and we got to talking about Shakey head fishing, he said he and his partner (his 11 yearold son) have given up on T-rigs on our lake and use Shakey Head instead. Told him my lack of catching and he said (similar to Clark) that he lets it hit bottom, shakes it lightly on florocarbon line for 30 seconds, then lets it sit 30 seconds, then drags it closer and starts again. He said the bite for him is not like the Trig (the tap tap or grab) but more like they inhale it and sit there (especialy in cold water) and you feel the 'spongy' pressure on the end of the line.

I'm gonna have to try it myself. I spent last year working on Trig worms and Jigs.

i just ike talk on this subject and hes says he never uses a floter worm, he thinks it kills the action, he says a 5 inch or so worm with a flat side (down) will glide and shimmy to attract fish on the drop and then when your shakin it the worm will dance and act more natural than a floater. the most imprtant part seems to be using the correct head for the situation and having the confidense to stick with it.

mike c

Latest posts

Back