Setting a Date for the Not So Memorial Invitational

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on when we should have the next NSM Invitational on the Hot Side of Lake Anna. I know Toxic will be in the area between Thanksgiving and Christmas so we may want to look at that period of time since we can't fish without the guy in the "skirt", you also know him as the "bad kisser".

Let me know when you would like to have it. The more the merrier. Want to see if someone can take the "floating" trophy away from me this year.

Fish on coming up on the dikes. Was out the last three days and picked up a 6-2, 5-8 a couple of 4 pounds and of course, a bunch of dinks. Fish On!

Hi Bill,

Im In,

I have the Flu right now so with any luck Ill be healthy whatever week you decide on.

Thanks,

mark

I am in town the following weekends:

21 22 November

12 13 December

19 20 December

I am in and out the other times, and might be able to make a day trip. I do want to try and pre fish if that is ok Bill??

CIII - Any time. Just drop me a note and I will let you know where the pass is.

Any December weekend would be fine for me. I think we did it the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year and traffic was awful on 95 north trying to get home. I to may wish to prefish, but the fishing on the Potomac is still to good to leave, caught a 7 lber. yesterday and several between 3 and 4.

Thanks, Steve

Hi all,

Best dates for me are -

Nov 14,15

Nov 28,29

Dec 12, 13

Anything other than that is gonna be "iffy"

im in for any date, just pick one, kinda missed seeing the guys,

mike c

I'm pretty good for late Nov and early Dec. Too much later and ski season starts!!

just make sure the wind is not howling at 20 mph and the rain is coming straight down and not sideways... other than that any day is good.

mike c

HA! thats it usually huh?? Alst year was not that bad, coolish but not that windy. 'Course the fishing was kinda tough even for the hot side...

The only date I could not make right now is Nov 28th, other than that I should be able to get off work with enough notice.

BF

No note required Uncle Billy I already have the 28th booked for something else.

BF

I would love to come, but I don't think the new shoulder will be up to that kind of pounding by then.

Scott:(

Then don't do it Scott!! They'll be other fun times...Don't mess it up now!

No note required Uncle Billy I already have the 28th booked for something else.

Just teasin' Bruce, just teasin'...I didn't mean anything by that.:unsure:

Uncle Billy

I am going to the cold side tomorrow....someone punch me right in the running lights.....

Quit whining C,........it's been in the hi 60's and low 70's here the past few days!!;)

No, the whining is not the weather..I really do not mind that....it is fishing Anna that I am whining about.....such good fishing on the Potomac and I have to fish Anna!!!!

Hey guys. Just getting back from vacation and looking at the calendar. Thanksgiving is next week and always hectic so not a good week for me. How about either Saturday the 5th or Sunday the 6th of December? Does that work for you guys? Let me know so we can firm things up.

We have NEW trophies this year thanks to Ken S so bring in a big bag. With the rain we had while I was gone the lake is at full pool and they are starting to come backup into the shallows and docks. Wife is going away this weekend so I am fishing, fishing and fishing some more.

Let me know.

I am out for sure the 5th and more then likely the 6th too...I RTB on the 5th from teh UK...

I am open 11 12 13, 19 20 December..

Bill, may I come out there and play one day next weekend???

I can do any weekend day in December other than Christmas weekend (Dec. 26 &27), which I'm sure is bad for most of us.

Steve

Looks like I can't make the 5th. Christmas party season starting and we committed to see friends in PA that weekend. I'll be down over T-day weekend if anyone is interested in "pre-fishing" the NSM. Plenty of room at my HOA's launch ramp as well if Bill is not available. Although maybe we can entice him out of the turkey stupor? :lol:

ANY day is good for me. I just have to convince myself that I can drive that far without a plethora of problems popping up and then having to drive back. IF I can get there, and I want to very much as it's the only time I fish anymore or see any of you, but there isn't any way I can pull my boat so I'd have to rely on someone who could let me back-seat with them. Whether I go or not I would like to a see a crowd participate along with anybody who hasn't been. It's a great time to meet some truly good people who would do anything in the world for you if you ask, and ofttimes you don't even have to ask. It's also a nice place to fish and if your hands get cold you just have to dip them in the water to warm them up:rolleyes::D

So, any day is ok with me and I am going to start convincing myself, and Nancy, right now:unsure:

Uncle Billy

Hey guys! Throwing out a different date. I know Christmas time is very busy so how about the 2nd or 3rd of January (Sat / Sun). Maybe that would be a better date and maybe we can get CIII and Toxic to show up. Let me know which date(s) you prefer.

Right now, no travel for me, so the dates are good to go! need to start prefishing though!!!

Carlos - come down Tday weekend. We'll see about getting Bill in VA to come out and work off some of that turkey!

Done! I plan on catfishing at least one day then bass fishing one of the other days. When do you head down Jim?

Done! I plan on catfishing at least one day then bass fishing one of the other days. When do you head down Jim?

There has been talk of possibly going back to my Bro-In-Laws place in D.C. somewhere in that date range. If so, maybe I can run down if someone had an open seat. I'll keep in touch and let you all know if it works. That would be too cool! I should try to ride with someone besides Carlos or Toxic to keep Toxic's statement about me alive. "Gene's been in more boats than Dramamine" :lol:

Gene

Gene - if you make it down, you're always welcome to the back seat in my G3.

Jim

Or if things work out Gene, maybe we catfish in DC! Mike and I were out today and caught a few..they were smaller today with best in the mid 20's.

Jim, roger that!

That would be cool too! I've never caught a big catfish, 5# is about as big as I've caught.

Gene

That would be cool Jim, because we didn't get to fish together last time I was there.

Gene

Gene - looks like I won't make the 1/2-3 weekend. Sorry to miss you. Got out yesterday for a few hours and the bass were holding really tight to the docks. Had to pitch the lures UNDER the docks to get a hit. Got about half a dozen in as many hours. Water was still about 70 in lagoon 1.

I went out Saturday Jim and it was tough! But it was good to get out and not sit at home......

Traffic sucked getting home too,.....

Hey Carlos:

Saw a few boats out, but didn't see a Ranger! Too bad. Thought I saw Bill, but different color pattern on the Nitro. Talked to a few guys that were doing about as well as I was. Bite was tough. Sorry we didn't hook up.

Has a date been set yet? I want to make sure to beat my wife to putting anything else on our calendar.

Steve

Sounds like most folks have voted for January 2-3 weekend. Sorry to miss this year . . .

Jim, I saw that same boat! I was staring hard at him to see if it was Bill too!!!

Bummer we are gonna miss ya Jim!

Latest posts

Back