Senko's

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael S

Reaction score
I have been using(Gary Y's) Senko's for a while now...but they are really killing the budget at $6 a bag.....I have seen some differnet brands on the market for about half the price...do these baits proform as well as the (GY Senko's)

I have tryed wave worms...those are ok but the Senkos themselves outfish the Wave Worm Tiki-Sticks atleast 2 to one.

Dont even consider the Powerbait Senko immitations because of the nasty goop inside of the package. Not fun to fish on out of the bag.

I have not tried the BPS Sticko's but I am going to this spring.

So needless to say nothing really performs up to the Senko that I have found.

At half the price of the Senko's they only catch half the fish.

Thats my .02 cents

T.S.

This is one topic where I feel very comfortable sharing information with. This is by far my best confidence bait almost year round. And I rarely use the Yamamoto senko.

As you know Kinami Flashes and Yamamoto senkos are the same plastic with the same mold. Just less colors. Both baits have performed veyr well for me. But like you said, it sucks shelling out 6 bucks for 10 of them.

I really like the BPS Stick-o's, they are very durable and catch fish. To me they seem to have a bit slower sink rate than the yamamotos, but that's just my opinion. I've never really tested them side by side in that aspect. My favorite is the 4" watermelonseed stick-o.

I also really like Yum Dingers. I find them very alike to the BPS stick-o's, but the Dingers have a small slit for the hook. Josh

A few weeks ago one the guys on the site was asking about making his own lures. I went to a site that was recommended. I picked up their version of the Senko.. Its called a "Salty Sinker".. I tried them the other day at one of the little lakes near by and caught 4 Bass in about 90 mins. One was near 3lbs. Wont know how well they do until I get on some other lakes and Put a Senko a Flash and a SS on three diff rods and see if there is act a diff. But at $1.90 for 5 or $15.20 for 50, its hard to beat the price.. They come in 4 and 6 inch. They are just a little fatter than the Flash. Draw back is that they come in 6 colors. But seeing how I just use 3 out of the 6 color's they come in, they work for me and my wallet.

www.Staminainc.com

Max <><
Imitation%20Senko.JPG

I have had tremendous luck with the BPS Stick-O's primarily in watermelon/red flake.

If there is something that noticably outfishes them..... WOW!!

Salty sinker?

Isn't that a "Chomper" brand???

I think I have a pack or two of those...

az

Sorry about that.. I guess I am calling them "Salty Sinkers" for short. They are actually called "Salty Sink Worms"

Max <><

Try all the knock-offs you want, nothing will compete with the original. Case magic sticks are ok on smallies, stick-o's, and all the rest will catch fish but not like the original. I've thrown a lot of them side by side. There's a reason they cost so much and if the others could match their ability then there would surely be a price battle and GYCB would lose. Yamamoto makes some awsome plastics. That's why I wanted to give the heads up on the Kinamis on sale at Wally World for a buck a pack.

TOXIC

I have been using Senkos for about 2 years now. I just started also trying the Tiki Stiks and the Strike Zero's.

From what I can tell the Tiki Sticks are pretty good, they have almost the same action as the Senko 5" reg model. But they do not have the amount of salt as the Senko which I thinks make a difference in bass holding on longer and maybe the action. As far as the Zero the jury is still out.. so far I am not to pleased with the action, they sink allot slower, but I guess time will tell, If I catch fish on them, they for sure will have their place in my weapon arsinal.

Good topic.

At the Worcester show this year the Wacky Worm booth actually had a demo of their "Wacko" and the Senko. The only noticable differences between them were

A. the Wacko doesn't easily tear like the Senko

B. Their sizes are 4.5" and 5.5"

C. not as many colors to choose from

D. Wackos were 50 for $11.99 (show price) $13.99 reg. price

I'll still buy Senkos but will most likely buy the Wackos popular colors in bulk,ie. green pumkin, watermelon, june bug, etc...

I have bit my share of them and they are as salty as pork rinds!! I like them with beer and chips, LOL. I can wad a senko up under my lip and it will last a good 3 hours. I call them Bass Candy....

TOXIC

Smelly Jelly on a peanut butter samwich ......yummmmmmm.

Kickin' Bass on a hotdog.....yummmmm.

Tubes and salsa.....yuuuummmm!!LOL

Flukes on crackers.....

TOXIC

Here's how well senko's work. Went out back about an hour ago. Tied on a watermelon / black seed 5 inch senko on a mustad 3/0 Wide Gap Tube hook. Took a few a casts missed 2 and caught 2. They nailed it. gotta love the senko's

Anyone have any luck with the Zero's, how can I get them to sink faster like a Senko? I am using a 3/0 Mustad Wide Gap Tube Bait Hook. Its a bit heavier than the normal 3/0 and seems to rig a bit nicer than the reg. 3/0 wide gap from mustad cause its got a 90 degree turn near the point opposed to the curve like the other model.. I tried sticking a nail in the zero but that through off the action of the lure..

You can wrap the shank of the hook with liquid lead or whatever they call it...Just don't put it near the point. I would wrap it after you are rigged.

TOXIC

Thanks for the info guys.....I would not mind paying the price for the Senko's if I was able to get more than 1 or 2 fish off one bait....thats the real killer...

Try when the baits get torn up a bit, reverse rigging and also wacky rigging. you'll get a few more casts out of them.. they are a great bait, 10 -15 bass per bag of senkos is well worth the 6 bucks to me..

Another "tip".....keep em' in your cooler in the summer. They do not like the heat. Be very precise on rigging and when ripped up just bite the end off and keep going or turn them around the other way. Gets a few more fish outta them.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back