senko and drop shotting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Lea.

Reaction score
Say can one of you senko and drop shot guys take a picture(s) of your baits after they are rigged and post them here. Close up would be nice. It is easy to read about them but I don't seem to see anywhere where there is a good close up picture of the rigged result. I tried a couple of times last year to try to rig one up and fish it with out any success. I ended up switching back to a Texas rigged Mann's 8 inch jelly worm. Which I have great success on so it is good but would like to learn some other methods. When I tried to use the rig I put together it felt so damn heavy compared to a manns jelly worm and a 1/8 oz weight i felt like I was going to beat the poor fish to death with it.

Hopefully some others will find the pictures helpful.

Ed,

Here is a good way to start. I use a red STANDOUT hook sold at BPS to help people learn the technique. All that you have to do is tie a palomar knot and leave as much tag end as you want and feed it thru the standout loop. Because of the design of the hook it is almost fool proof. I use either a round drop shot weight or a longer more tube like style. I use the XPS Finesse Drop Shot Weight for this one.

I tend to use a Zoom Fish Doctor or Double Ringer french fry style of soft plastic.

The worst part about drop shotting is re-learning to use a spinning real, not putting on more than 6 pound test and slowing down the presentation!!!! And I do mean slow down.

Try and see if this is any good to you Ed..

47b8dd34b3127cceb7504a858bd700000020102AZNnLRk5csa

Uncle Billy

Sorry Ed, I can't figure ot how to resize this picture.. Maybe I can send it direct to you and you could resize if you know how.

Latest posts

Back