Seize the day

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my last official day of high school. Friday we take two finals and we leave. Monday we leave for the senior trip to Boston Massachusetts area. We come back on the 17th. I go to school for special meetings, graduation practice, miscellaneous things...

I can only say this about my year.

Sometimes an experience is only cheapened by putting it into words.

I dont know how to describe the past several months. It has been an awesome year. I am very sad to see it come to an end forever.

Today in my Christian Worldview Class, my teacher, (his last day with us) challenged us. He told us about when he was in highschool. There were people he knew he should have invested some time in. He told 3 stories, one being of his best friend, one was murdered, one commited suicide and the other was killed in a farm accident. He will never be able to see these people again. I may be getting more on the "Biblical" side of things, but thats ok.

He also played a song at the end of the hour. Called Seize the Day by Carolyn Arends. I'm going to post the lyrics here. It brought a tear to almost everyone in the class. Even though its a sad time of moving from highschool to college, a different life in a way, its also a very happy time. I'm extremely excited to see what life has for me. I know there will be trials along the way and times where hope seems thin. I know I'll get through it just fine.

After today it really made me think. How have i been an influence to the lives of my classmates?

Seize the Day:

I know a girl who was schooled in Manhattan

She reads dusty books and learns phrases in Latin

She is an author or maybe a poet

A genius but its just this world doesn't know it

She works on her novel most every day If you laugh she will say

Seize the day Seize whatever you can

Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand

Seize the day pray for grace from God's hand

That nothin' will stand in your way Seize the day

Lai de dai de dai Lai de dai de dai da dai

Well I know a doctor A fine young physician

Left his six figure job for a mission position

He's healin' the sick in an African clinic

He works in the dirt and writes home to the cynics

He says we work through the night almost every day

As we watch the sun rise we can say

That nothin will stand in your way Seize the day

Well I know a man who's been doin' some thinkin'

He's as bitter and cold as the whisky he's drinkin'

He's talkin' bout fear 'bout chances not taken

If you listen to him you can hear his heart breakin'

He says "One day you're a boy The next day you're dead

I wish way back when someone had said..."

Lai de Dai Dai Lai de Dai Dai Lai de Dai Dai-e-i

Well one thing I've noticed wherever I wander

Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander

You can do what you will with the days you are given

I'm tryin' to spend mine on the business of livin'

So I'm singin' my songs off of any old stage

You can laugh if you want He'll still say

Lai de dai de dai Lai de dai de dai da dai<

Seize the day Seize whatever you can.

Very good advice. I think that whenever I look at my kids and remember them as small children and think about what a fleeting moment of time that it's been to now and their almost grown. That's why I bought the boat...so I could have some special moments with my son before his intrests wander elsewhere.

Thanks BJ

Harpo

BJ - I never thought to ask before, do you go to a Christian High School? I assume so, as you mentioned your "Christian Worldview Class".

You sound like a bright, thoughtful and determined young man - JUST what we need more of in this country!

From the NTOWS Rabbi, Please accept a Mazel Tov (MAHZ-z'l TAWV)!! Which means "Good LUCK!!

yes i go to a Christian highschool.

Christian Heritage Academy in Del City, Oklahoma

(fun fact to knwo and share, a few years ago we built a new gym, Harpo sold all of the counters for the bathroom and concession stand to us)

Great BJ, their is NOTHING better then getting a good education and religion at the same time!

COOL school name, my boys go to a similar (non-religeous school) named American Heritage Acedemy.

WOW Harpo actualy WORKS for a living??? That's NEWS!!!! :cool:

Weeeelllll in the intrest of total honesty...."work" would a bit of a stretch for what I do.:unsure:

Harpo

BJ...all i have to say is GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN, and LIVE IT UP DUDE!!!

This is going to be the happiest day of your life up until this point, cherish it forever.

T.S.

BJ,

As you will soon learn, you are now finishing probably one of the best times of your entire life - you just don't know it as yet. Everything is about to change - just be sure to make it for the positive (which we know that you will do). College will move you one step closer, but you will find college to be completely different than the experiences you have just finished.

Cherish your current friendships, but you are also about to find out they most of the friends you now have, you will likely drift away from in the future. They will most likely be replaced by other new friends. Change is good, don't view it as a negative.

Enjoy this month.

Tex

Hey BJ, are you going to have some free time when your in Boston? If you do i think you might have to go fishing....... :D If your free on the 15th i might have an empty seat in the 882.

Where exactly are you going near boston? Since i live near Boston i can tell you some fun things to do.

See the U.S.S. Constitution!

Learn why a "brass monkey" has balls! :lol:

And take Jim up on that fishing offer!

What a great way to impress the ladies in your class.....

People from all over the U.S. want to fish with you!

me!

Maybe John Kerry will take you goose hunting.:lol:

Harpo

HAHAHAHAHA @ HARPO!!!!! I wouldnt be caught dead next to that man with a loaded gun......

:lol:

T.S.

Jim,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE OFFER! Only prob....I know there is free time and stuff, but not enough for fishing :angry::angry:.

We have a very detailed schedule....

We fly into Boston Monday afternoon and then we drive down the plymouth. We're really in Plymouth more. We are in Boston for a few days.

We are doing things like the Mayflower Two, Foundfathers, Burial Hill, Cole's something, Wayside Inn (dinner), whale watch, all types of museams.

Its called "the American Heritage Tour" or something like that. We go up there to see the Christian foundation of the United States.

BJ

BJ...

While in PLymouth... insist on eating at McGraths... Right on the water and big lobsters, clams, mussels, real seafood.... Hopefully, still very reasonable for what you are getting... Been there "forever"...

We are eating at the Lobster Pot in Provincetown, ever heard of it?

Nope... sorry... McGrath's is just an "institution"... 1960's furnishings and a long line of locals for dinner and great food... All right on the bay!

Latest posts

Back