Sealing hatches

• Thread starter Edward Ruszkowski
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone sealed their hatches from rain. My storage boxes get soaked in the rain on my PG-16SC. I have drilled holes in the bottom of boxes for drainage to the boat bottom but would like to eliminate the water infiltration.:(

I've had to deal with the same thing on my 165. Ended up drilling holes in the bottom (of the compartment :)). Haven't figured out a good solution for the sealing part. Let us know if you come up with a workable solution.

Scott

I have a wwetness problem on the front big compartment on my 901. I can dry it out, but when I'm out in the rain, water goes down into the pedestal holes and don't drain to the bilge properly. I'm thinking of taking the carpert aout allso and putting in some plastic grates that would hold tackle off the bottom but would allow any water to drain thru to the many dlille holes.

RoyC

I have a wetness problem on the front big compartment on my 901. I can dry it out, but when I'm out in the rain, water goes down into the pedestal holes and don't drain to the bilge properly. I'm thinking of taking the carpert aout allso and putting in some plastic grates that would hold tackle off the bottom but would allow any water to drain thru to the many dlille holes.

RoyC

I have a wetness problem on the front big compartment on my 901. I can dry it out, but when I'm out in the rain, water goes down into the pedestal holes and don't drain to the bilge properly. I'm thinking of taking the carpert aout allso and putting in some plastic grates that would hold tackle off the bottom but would allow any water to drain thru to the many drilled holes.

RoyC

Roy.....get a Bearing Buddy cap (or something similar).....place it over the pedestal receiver in the compartment.....no more leaks.

OR they make soem seat base covers that will do alsmot the same thing.

Latest posts

Back